ET SILENT #1 Proposal to change the Death from Above sound to the Mario Goomba Stomp

madmike

Hey guys, I posted this here bc the ET Sounds section hasn't had a post in forever.

I propose to change the DoA sound on our servers to the Super Mario Goomba stomp sound.  Here's a clip: 

We had this on my old clan and it almost acted as a reminder that you can goomba people.  So little people actively try to goomba now that it feels like a lost art lol.  More goombas!

All in favor, comment I!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

I agree with that. I would say for silent1 and jaymod. I would keep it like it is for hardcore imo. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far as I can tell this wouldn't be possible for silEnT servers. I can't find a stomp/goomba.wav in the silent pk3 that plays only when a stomp kill happens.

From testing it looks like 3 sounds files play during a stomp kill.

1. pak0.pk3/sound/player/land_hurt.wav - The landing sound i.e. the player's ankles going crunch. If we change this sound to the goomba effect then that sound will play every time a player takes fall damage.

2. pak0.pk3/sound/world/debris1.wav - The actual stomp sound. I'm prety sure this sound file is used in quite a few maps for walls being destroyed so to have the goomba effect play then would be a bit silly 😛.

3. pak0.pk3/sound/player/gib.wav - The death sound. Unfortunately this isn't exclusive to being killed by a stomp - it plays whenever someone goes splat.

I'll have a mess around with it when I get a chance but I don't think it'll be possible without affecting other sounds that play during a normal game.

This would work for Jaymod because there's a sound file dedicated to the goomba effect, even though it's just the same sound as debris1.wav from pak0.

jaymod-2.2.0.pk3/sound/jaymod/goomba.wav.

Noquarter already has the same sound file you linked for stomps.

nq_v1.2.9_3.pk3/sound/jetpilot/goomba.wav.

Edited by ElEl