ET QA Slow typing

Audie Leon Murphy

Hey guys,

I am wondering if there is any kind of speech to text software that can be used for chat in ET. Anybody that has seen me play knows that I don't say much in game. I do have a lot to say but I'm terrible at typing. By the time I type a reply to something, its long gone. Also my computer is old (think Vista). Its probably a long shot, but if anybody knows of anything let me know. BTW this took 15 minutes. 😀

• Haha 1
  • Surprise 1

Never tried that maybe try Speech Recognition in Ease of Access in control Panel and train your computer it's built in already shouldn't have to download it

Being it uses Micro's not sure if it can take control over cmd window in game to write text you could try it maybe

• Like 2

• Leader

When I broke my wrist last October, I tried using the Windows Speech-to-Text, but it would not 'write into' ET.

I had to use it to create text in a file and then copy & paste that text into ET or onto the Forums.

It has some interesting voice-editing features, but it is undoubtedly slower than your typing! 

• Like 1

The more you type, the faster you get. This applied for me atleast as like 10+ years ago I had to use 1 finger to search a letter, just to notice like 10 msg was already on chat and most likely already on a different subject :D

I still am much slower typing than most of the ppl, but I have evolved alot in couple of years. Xfire thought me alot, so maybe try more discord and try to chat :)

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Buckwild said:

I use etqw_consolemaster_20 for 50 binds...

What is this you speak of!!???

• Like 1