ET Server Suggestion NQ1 spawntimes

Eireannanl

Hello there fellow ET players.

I'm not sure how many have noticed this but when there's more than 3-6 players on each side, it get's really hard to complete objectives as attacking side. Let's take oasis as example: currently each side has more than 12 players, with 10 seconds spawntime (as defending side). If you add those numbers up, it's nearly impossible to even get near anti-tank guns.

This is because spawn time is so short that when you kill someone, that killed person spawns way before you can even get to objective and they can just hunt you down. From the start, it took nearly 15 minutes to reach even first flag as allies.

Yes, I know, player skills do differ but that's not the point here.

What I'm suggesting here, is that spawn times should be longer, it could be even 2 times longer compared to current ones. Optimal in my opinion would be scaling spawn times if that's a possibility. The more people server has, the longer spawn times are. Of course there would be that max time it can be.

Ps. Yes, I do know that someones may think that I'm just complaining that teams are unbalanced (skill-wise) and I don't own such a  good skill but individual's skills do fade into the mass when there's more than 10 people each side.

Pss. only reason for this suggestion is more balanced games.

Psss. about other servers, I don't know about other servers spawntimes as I mainly play on NQ1.

Edited by Eireannanl
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Few things  - 

1. If teams are unbalanced - you would have same issue. 

2. If shorter spawn was issue - we  wouldn't need anti rush on our servers. All this anti rush was added because players where able to finish the obj within first 2 -5 mins. So we put 5 min anti rush so all can enjoy the map and then rush it up. 

3. People like to spawn fast and play fast. If people have to wait then they get frustrated and tell - they better go and play ETPRO. 

To satisfy the players need I believe NQ #2 runs on stock spawns of the map. If not i can look into it. 

What I can do is for maps like Oasis - I can increase spawn times to 14-18 somewhere in middle so it's not like 20-30 for an example but somewhat closer to it. Let's see what other NQ peeps have to say. 

• 100 1

1. Very true but I think people with lower skill would still have better chances to do something else than just fight in bottlenecks.

2. I appreciate this anti-rush mechanism, it works if attacking team is way better (skill-wise). If teams are balanced (skill-wise again) and there's that +12 players on each side, it's really difficult to skip certain things as there are so many people (unlike when there's still bots, you can pretty much skip everything as there's less players where this anti-rush kicks in)

3. Again, true. There's nothing more frustrating in such fast paced game as waiting spawning. Everyone wants to win. Frag-wise, less waiting is better but if you think, how can you get past 10 people if they spawn as fast as you can kill them (objective-wise)?

And no, I'm not here to argue about things as I've seen that arguing never ends well. Besides, in most of the cases, it's totally pointless.

Just telling my own opinion about things :)

Personally I enjoy quite a lot to play on NQ1 when there's just enough players on each side that there's no bots left (around 6-9 on each side). Today I got to play with 15 players on each side. it's just massive massacre and a race to most frags. (Does this mean that I shouldn't play at late hours 🤔?)

I do understand your point here, Daredevil. I do also respect your point of view in this case.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eireannanl said:

Hello there fellow ET players.

I'm not sure how many have noticed this but when there's more than 3-6 players on each side, it get's really hard to complete objectives as attacking side. Let's take oasis as example: currently each side has more than 12 players, with 10 seconds spawntime (as defending side). If you add those numbers up, it's nearly impossible to even get near anti-tank guns.

This is because spawn time is so short that when you kill someone, that killed person spawns way before you can even get to objective and they can just hunt you down. From the start, it took nearly 15 minutes to reach even first flag as allies.

Yes, I know, player skills do differ but that's not the point here.

What I'm suggesting here, is that spawn times should be longer, it could be even 2 times longer compared to current ones. Optimal in my opinion would be scaling spawn times if that's a possibility. The more people server has, the longer spawn times are. Of course there would be that max time it can be.

Ps. Yes, I do know that someones may think that I'm just complaining that teams are unbalanced (skill-wise) and I don't own such a  good skill but individual's skills do fade into the mass when there's more than 10 people each side.

Pss. only reason for this suggestion is more balanced games.

Psss. about other servers, I don't know about other servers spawntimes as I mainly play on NQ1.

I agree with adjusting spawntimes, not increasing them necessarily, something like Attack: 8 sec, Defense: 15 sec or Attack: 5 sec, Defense: 10 sec.

Can't suggest 20 and 30 sec respectively, because NQ is a fun mod, but with the times I mentioned, attack should have an easier time doing obj, and if there is a way to adjust depending on the number of players, that would be an excellent option.

For example:

1-4 players in each team (Attack: 5 sec, Defense: 10 sec)

5-8 players in each team (Attack: 8 sec, Defense: 15 sec)

8-12 players in each team (Attack: 10 sec, Defense: 20 sec)

12+ players in each team (Attack: 15 sec, Defense: 30 sec)

If this can't be done, the way to go for me is 8 and 15 sec respectively. ;)

Edited by Mordecai

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

8 and 15 sec respectively.

I had tried that and even on jay1 - allies ending up winning each map.  :( 

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Eireannanl said:

And no, I'm not here to argue about things as I've seen that arguing never ends well. Besides, in most of the cases, it's totally pointless.

Just telling my own opinion about things :)

Personally I enjoy quite a lot to play on NQ1 when there's just enough players on each side that there's no bots left (around 6-9 on each side). Today I got to play with 15 players on each side. it's just massive massacre and a race to most frags. (Does this mean that I shouldn't play at late hours 🤔?)

I do understand your point here, Daredevil. I do also respect your point of view in this case.

You are rare breed :) Lot's of people come with problem but only 50 to 20% actually are interested in finding solution.  

Let's do trial and error here. We pick maps where on an avg - attacking team gets hard time or even defending team and then tweak spawns based on map. I need to turn NQ map voting to rotation cycle to get stats going on. May be for a week we can get put NQ in rotation rather then map voting. Tweak maps and then put map voting back. 

What you guys think? NQ peeps chime in!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, daredevil said:

I had tried that and even on jay1 - allies ending up winning each map.  :( 

That is the point, that allies have an easier time attacking, since NQ servers don't have as much people as Jay1, it should work well, also I don't know what are the times on Jay1, but I suggest for Jay 10 and 20.

If there are less people,  then the gameplay depends which team has the better player. 

Just like if [dd]Madeira and bunny are on the attacking team,  say 8(axis) and 7 allies. 

Bunny and Madeira can easily take on atleast  5-6 axis players themselves. So even if you make allies spawn time 20 secs and axis spawn time  10 sec,  still allies will win. 

With less people spawn time won't help at all. The better team will win at any cost. Unless there are 30ppls+,  spawn time won't make any difference. 

I am saying this from my experience,  although I never played on nq

2 hours ago, Kai said:

If there are less people,  then the gameplay depends which team has the better player. 

Just like if [dd]Madeira and bunny are on the attacking team,  say 8(axis) and 7 allies. 

Bunny and Madeira can easily take on atleast  5-6 axis players themselves. So even if you make allies spawn time 20 secs and axis spawn time  10 sec,  still allies will win. 

With less people spawn time won't help at all. The better team will win at any cost. Unless there are 30ppls+,  spawn time won't make any difference.

With less people times are good but when NQ1 gets populated with certain maps, it's pretty hardcore at that point. As Mordecai also said, scaling spawntime would be ideal in this case.

Also, map has something to do with this case (like oasis), 3 pretty easily defended bottlenecks, hard to get past defending team. So map specific and player amount based spawn time would be even better.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Eireannanl said:

With less people times are good but when NQ1 gets populated with certain maps, it's pretty hardcore at that point. As Mordecai also said, scaling spawntime would be ideal in this case.

Also, map has something to do with this case (like oasis), 3 pretty easily defended bottlenecks, hard to get past defending team. So map specific and player amount based spawn time would be even better.

Let's get this rolling. We are dividing player count in 4 slots - 

<12     - 8 (attacking) / 10 (defending)

13 to 24  - 10 / 12 

25 to 32 - 14 / 18

>33 -  16 / 20

Above  are default - now let's do tweaking based on maps. Some maps we can make smaller or bigger depending on choke points. Some maps it would be same - ex baserace 8 / 8

2 hours ago, daredevil said:

Let's get this rolling. We are dividing player count in 4 slots - 

<12     - 8 (attacking) / 10 (defending)

13 to 24  - 10 / 12 

25 to 32 - 14 / 18

>33 -  16 / 20

Above  are default - now let's do tweaking based on maps. Some maps we can make smaller or bigger depending on choke points. Some maps it would be same - ex baserace 8 / 8

Times seem a little too close for me, I like to make defense at least spawn 50% slower than attack, so that if attack succesfully wipe out defense at the right moment, they can manage a push, accomplish an obj, etc.

Offtopic, as piece of advice, always go side whenever you can, and bring teammates to support, Medic/Engi/Covie combo is great, or if you have got Medic skill maxed out in NQ, omit medic, and learn the reset technique (much like TK and revive trick, but I named it like that because of Rainbow Six Siege respective trick likeness). :P

I may share anytime soon some techniques, strategies and tricks that may help you in winning more maps. ;)

Edited by Mordecai

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Mordecai said:

I like to make defense at least spawn 50% slower than attack

Then in that case axis will have hard time defending it... we can increase the time for the maps where attacking team looses more then 50% of time. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Eireannanl said:

Do you, @daredevil, have some kind thing on the server which keeps track of the wins and losses? If so, is it possible to filter out those matches where only omnibots has played?

Yes we are planning to do that. The stats will take some time because its not straight forward. @Scarface06 is helping big time on it. 

• Like 1