3+ players from same IP?

damo
Go to solution Solved by daredevil,

Hi guys, posting this here after enquiring on your Discord. Just wondering if I could pick one of your ET server guys' brains about something?

Myself and some buds are having a LAN in a few weeks and we'd like to play some ET online on the same server - but all the servers seem to only allow 3 players from one IP address.

I'm thinking of trying to set it up myself in a VPS, but if you guys could help out (can pay!) it may be a lot easier. So if you have any advice I'd like to chat about it!

damo / errol.VPL

• Like 1

Yes well you just add in the target line +connect "ip.ip.ip.ip.ip:port and should be fine. In case you dont know how, right click on et quicklaunch and select properties and the ip/port you add after the installation path. A space must be left beetween or it wont work. Here's example of mine: "D:\Wolfenstein - Enemy territory\etl.exe" +connect  "b2.clan-fa.com:27960"

Thanks. I thought if I +connect  "b2.clan-fa.com:27960" or +connect  "b2.clan-fa.com:27961" it is a different server, not the port I want to connect out of. Will try this though thanks.

• Like 1

• damo changed the title to 3+ players from same IP?
26 minutes ago, damo said:

Thanks. I thought if I +connect  "b2.clan-fa.com:27960" or +connect  "b2.clan-fa.com:27961" it is a different server, not the port I want to connect out of. Will try this though thanks.

That would connect you to different servers.

i think what RendeL is talking about is the net_port command. On each computer, open the console and type net_port with a different value. Then connect to the server. 

• 100 1

That seems to work mate, I just tried it on your 27950 pro server. Got 4 instances of ET connected 😮

Will have to test it a bit more before the day as I don't want a total fail when we try then, but thanks for the tip!

Could it be so easy?!

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, damo said:

Myself and some buds are having a LAN in a few weeks and we'd like to play some ET online on the same server - but all the servers seem to only allow 3 players from one IP address.

Which server you would like to play? I can do some changes to accommodate your request. 

3 hours ago, damo said:

I'm thinking of trying to set it up myself in a VPS, but if you guys could help out (can pay!) it may be a lot easier. So if you have any advice I'd like to chat about it!

Helping in our community is free of cost :) We don't charge for helping :P   No need for VPS at all. Feel free to answer to my above question and we can get it going.

How many players and which server you guys like! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Barn!e said:

Always happy for a donation though to keep the servers ;)

And forums 😝

😛

No problem, we'd be glad to, thanks for the help you're really saving us a big headache :D

@ daredevil, don't really mind which server - most of us haven't played for ages, so our skill level is ... likely not to be great... There are probably a few old favourite custom maps we'd like to play, but apart from that we'd be happy if we can just join a server with some fun loving ET freaks and have a few nice games on some maps we know. I'd need to get back to you about some particular maps, but if you've any suggestions fire away. I've been on your servers before but I don't really know which one I went back to as I don't play regularly at all these days.

Appreciate your help sirs!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, damo said:

😛

No problem, we'd be glad to, thanks for the help you're really saving us a big headache :D

@ daredevil, don't really mind which server - most of us haven't played for ages, so our skill level is ... likely not to be great... There are probably a few old favourite custom maps we'd like to play, but apart from that we'd be happy if we can just join a server with some fun loving ET freaks and have a few nice games on some maps we know. I'd need to get back to you about some particular maps, but if you've any suggestions fire away. I've been on your servers before but I don't really know which one I went back to as I don't play regularly at all these days.

Appreciate your help sirs!

You didn't answer my another question :P How many players from same IP? Example how many of you would be playing together? 

Sorry, missed that bit! I think we will be maybe 6-8 players and we usually like around 16-24 players total as bigger gets a bit manic for us old guys. 😛

Will you need to know our public IP or anything?

• Surprise 1