ET Suggestion Enhanced mod

Hey guys,  kai here. 

I was just thinking about having an extra mod in F|A recruiting server known as enhanced mod. 

This mod is very useful as a side pack. 

It gives the admins very useful commands like !Freeze command which immobilize the player to move,  thus it would be useful for people's who block mortar. There is one disadvantage though,  if you freeze a player,  it freezes the slot number,  so if he disconnects,  the slot still remain freezed for the entire map. 

The only solution is volunteers should reconnect so that they attain the same slot number,  so that the admin could unfreeze. 

And that's not it,  this mod can help you to make commands,  which is not possible in jaymod. 

Like !Kai,  you can set this command if you want to mute / kick / revive me. 

The main plus point is you can use this command for showing the map cycle of the server,  which is a very useful command,  which allows the guest to keep playing on the server. 

As there are 2 cycles,  one when less players active and one when more players are playing ,  we can use 2 commands or maybe make the command as cycle 1 and cycle 2

There are also funny commands like !Owned , this is used when you kill a guy and very is an laughing voice and !Midget,  which makes the selected player experience dwarf like experience,  but if you face him,  he is normal. 

There are also other commands which can be useful. Also if some 1 does triple kill it shows multi kill   and if some1 does multi kill it shows mega kill to all players in the server,  which is silent server experience a bit. 

I also saw that this mod was posted in this forum in 2013 with just 1 reply. 

I hope this suggestion is well received. 

Thanking you, 

Kai

Besides some funny commands, the mod won't add anything to the server. It's also unstable sometimes... So I don't think DD will add it. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Hey Kai, thanks for the suggestion.

I've actually messaged DD about the enhanced mod before but unfortunately it causes a lot of crashes.

It's not that big of a deal though because we already have commands like !splat to deal with people who block mortars. I believe DD is also able to make custom commands because we have stuff like !shufflekills on jaymod which isn't in the documentation for the mod. We have no vsays on Jay1 to avoid people spamming so commands like !owned which play sounds probably wouldn't be enabled anyway. Jay1 gets a lot of players so if there's ~50 people on and a few of them are high fraggers, the sounds for double kill, triple kill etc. will just keep looping for everyone.

You can find our current rotation for Jay1 here, feel free to add map suggestions to that thread. We only have one rotation for the server but the maps which appear depend on the minimum and maximum number of players given, those are the 2 numbers to the right of the maps. If a command was made that displays the rotation as text, the command would have to be updated each time the rotation is. I don't think it's necessary to have a command for this cause if someone asks for the next map it's pretty easy for me to find the post on my second screen and work out what it is. Also a second monitor isn't needed for people who have ETMinimizer or ETLegacy.

Thank you for the suggestion but I believe the negatives of having this mod outweigh the benefits. Ultimately, it's up to Daredevil but I can't see it being added.

Anyway, I hope we hear more suggestions from you in the future bud :).

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Enhanced mod is the same as Shrubbot which is used on Recruiting 

File setup is basically the same as well you can find the commands for it from looking at etpub documentation which is more compatible to jaymod 

https://etpub.org/docs_server_0.9.1.html#shrubbot

Enhanced mod is only stable on Silent Mod but even then it's still based on shrubbot which Silent uses by default 

When it came out it was only compatible with Reds Jaymod 2.1.7 source files and it appears his download site isn't available online anymore and Recruiting is running Jaymod 2.2.0 so it wouldn't be compatible

For future Server admins or hobbyists who want to attempt to run enhanced mod with standard Jaymod 2.1.7 will be impossible because the developer who made the specific source files for it directly is not available anymore and you would need to communicate with the Host company to swap the Jaymod 2.1.7 for the Reds Jaymod 2.1.7 .dll files

From what I recall it was stable only with his specific source files for Enhanced Mod version 1.0.7 which has vulnerability issues and exploits thus maybe the reason for the developer stopping support of the mod directly v1.0.9 is fixed but it wasn't fixed by developer of the mod

was a good mod when it came out but I think it's not possible anymore to match the source files directly

• Like 2

• Administrators

We used to Run Enhance mod before and in fact, I had even donated 50 or more, to that guy for his help. I miss that guy and he was helpful. :) 

Sadly we can't run 2 things  -  ( AC  + our Mod )  + Enhance mod.

Also enhance mod used to crash but in later version he fixed many of the stuff. As of now our mod does everything what enhance mod does plus much more. In stead of freeze, use !splat to deal with trouble makers. 

7 hours ago, Kai said:

The main plus point is you can use this command for showing the map cycle of the server,  which is a very useful command,  which allows the guest to keep playing on the server. 

Our map cycle is more dynamic and loaded based on player counts. You don't need enhance mod to show map cycle on the server :) Plus we show in intermission what's the next map! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 1

I asked Daredevil about Enhmod before, He said hackers could get The LvLs.

It's too bad It can't be used, I like the multiple molotovs and sounds: MaMaMaMonsterkill!

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/10/2019 at 6:52 PM, Buckwild said:

I like the multiple molotovs

If i enable Molotov on Jay1,  u will see next round of whines on forum ... OMG they are enabled.. wtf is that shit.  I personally loved them and would enable for Engineers only to give them to do the obj... throw some, plant dynos and then they can defend. :)

• Haha 1
  • Love 2
  • 100 1