ET Server Suggestion Unified custom voice packs for NQ and Jaymod servers

Eireannanl

Hey,

I've been playing on FA's NQ1 server for few weeks now and at some point I  started to grow my curiousity to vsay commands as I wanted to know how to use them (custom ones). I asked in Discord and I got answer from Vindstot.

The answer was that I should go big into FA's .pk3 files, "z_fanq_sv1.pk3" in NQ and "z_FA_RC3.pk3" in Jaymod. I noticed quite quikcly that there's sound files that can't be used with vsay as the person who added these sounds, forgot to add (I guess).

I've already chatted a little bit with this person, Shana. Didn't have time to ask too many questions but I got a little bit out.

I made a excel file (just NQ for now as I don't have time for Jaymod today). I found out that there's 261 .wav files total (excluding killing spree, hit sounds, etc.), from these 261 files players can use 177 of them as 84 .wav files doesn't have vsay command from them. From these 261 .wav files, 108 aren't in voice menu. Adding these numbers up, I noticed that there's 24 .wav files that can be used with /vsay but not through voice menu (Excel file in attachment).

etl_2019-07-08_16-39-13.png.8003b0f67234595a43d70dc215d5bf8c.png

I'm planning to do excel file from Jaymod when I have time to do so (maybe tomorrow).

I'm asking if you guys think that these servers should have same custom sounds available to players. Jaymod appears to include more custom sounds than NQ does.

Just saying, once I'm member if I make that far, I could help with this task by giving to unused .wav files their vsay commands and adding them to voice menu. I don't see it as a big job.

There's some pretty good sounds I would like to use but currently can't as those sounds doesn't have commands for them.

NQ - Vsay commands.xlsx

• Like 3
  • 100 1

Thank You!  Good Luck!

Almost everyone that applies for membership is accepted...Patience.

• Confused 1

• Administrators

Initial jaymod packs where done by me and then slowly other members modified it. I believe NQ 1 is from Baska and Shana joint stuff or might just either or OR from different member all together. I am not 100% sure. All servers are due for vsay updates! 

I showed Vind how to do it - few days back.. so we are planning to add more German, Dutch,etc other language vsays in next update for Euro servers. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Eireannanl said:

Does excel table help at all then :P?

Yes. I have mine from years back. If you want to have it organized, it will help you. 

You have your own which is more than a year old, does it show which .wav can be used and which cannot? Just curious because of those numbers :)

• Administrators
Just now, Eireannanl said:

You have your own which is more than a year old, does it show which .wav can be used and which cannot? Just curious because of those numbers :)

Nop lots of stuff has changed from then. If you are planning to create new vsay pack, i suggest you used excel and work from their. 

Well, I could combine jaymod/nq soundpacks (easier to modify them later) and make combined excel table for it.

And also of course give for each .wav file their own vsay commands

Edited by Eireannanl

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Eireannanl said:

And also of course give for each .wav file their own vsay commands

vsay vs commands, both are different. Just sharing in case if you where wondering. Ex - 

In jaymod u can't do !beer while NQ u can do !beer and play vsay sound.

Inside z_FA_RC3.pk3 you will find 3 folders one is named scripts

Inside scripts you will find 2 files one named wm_allies_chat.voice and wm_axis_chat.voice they are both the same

The reason the /vsay is working is because it is in the script file with a command and you can use /vsay for it

the vsay wav files are in the same pk3 folder below scripts called sound 

when you open the folder for sound script it will look like this laugh 

the laugh is the command for the vsay all other commands will play with /vsay command syntax like laugh above the { brackets }

Spoiler

laugh
{
    sound/shana/009_laugh.wav "^JHahahahahaa, oh man you're awful..."
    sound/shana/064_laugh.wav "^JHahahahahAHAAAAAAAHAHAHA!!!"
    sound/shana/068_laugh.wav "^JEHEHEHE"
    sound/comp/laugh.wav    "^JHAHAHAHA hahahahaaaaa..."
    sound/comp/laughb.wav    "^JHOHAHAHA HAaaaaaaaaaaaa..."
    sound/comp/laughc.wav    "^JHuhuhuhuhuh hahahahaha..."
    sound/comp/laughd.wav    "^JHEHEHEHE huh huh huh hahahahaaaaaa!!"
    sound/shana/188_makeitstop.wav "^Jahahaha...make it stop."    
    sound/shana/187_laugh_2.wav "^JMgh..hfg..bhahahaha."    
    sound/shana/186_laugh.wav "^JAhhhahaha... Hahahahh"    
}

as for the reason the vsay has a command is because it is listed in the ui menu located in the ui folder named wm_quickmessagealt.menu

inside the .menu this is used ingame for a context menu and the sound key that is bonded to play sounds by default it is the v key

to play the sound in game you choose 1. Random Laugh

it calls for the .menu script to call function exec "VoiceChat laugh"; this is the vsay command pointing to laugh and plays in sequences the wav files

to shorten it up this is the menu text to help understand QM_MENU_ITEM( "1. Random Laugh",       exec "VoiceChat laugh";       close wm_fun, "1", 0 )

Spoiler

QM_MENU_START( "wm_fun" )

QM_MENU_ITEM( "1. Random Laugh",            exec "VoiceChat laugh";             close wm_fun, "1", 0 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "2. Random Scream",            exec "VoiceChat scream";             close wm_fun, "2", 1 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "3. R.I.P.",                    exec "VoiceChat angels";             close wm_fun, "3", 2 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "4. F**ked up",                exec "VoiceChat f***edup";             close wm_fun, "4", 3 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "5. Denied",                    exec "VoiceChat denied";             close wm_fun, "5", 4 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "6. Random Vader",            exec "VoiceChat vader";             close wm_fun, "6", 5 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "7. Fatality",                exec "VoiceChat fatality";             close wm_fun, "7", 6 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "8. Headshot!",                exec "VoiceChat boom";                 close wm_fun, "8", 7 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "9. Oh my god",                exec "VoiceChat omg_p";             close wm_fun, "9", 8 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "0. AAAAAHUEAHAEHG",            exec "VoiceChat mumble";             close wm_fun, "0", 9 )

QM_MENU_END

You will need a notepad preferably notepad++ to organize the file paths in the pad vertically 

As well you can play custom vsay texts using /vsay laugh sometext to say what ever you want 

As well you can play the sounds directly with /play wavefilename.wav path to make sure it works in theory you may hear it and others don't but on pub others will not so sure about NQ

example /play sound/shana/009_laugh.wav

to be exact there is 347 matches for .wav sounds directly in the .voice script

Untitled-1.jpg.50fcb9115d768cdf18fd3d0121c93613.jpg

I don't know the purpose of using excel to write the scripts because you will need to save it as a text file and convert it to a .voice or .menu in order for it to read you will need to write this in a notepad and save it as a plain text file 

You can also make you own sound packs by using the pak0.pk3 files and rewrite them to your needs to a custom pk3 just use the same file names for the scripts and modify the context menu's to size to fit the menu text's used

• Surprise 1

@DoubleDragon Well, I'm not using excel with scripts to make these things. I... already know most of those things. Excel table is for seeing which .wav files does have /vsay command and voice menu place for them.

EXCEL_2019-07-09_20-07-26.png.8729bdb20085ed6eb3fb620fef7d67e2.png

As you can see, almost half of the sounds in "chons" folder is unused. Also one of those used .wav files (nani) isn't in voice menu. This means that it can only be used via /vsay.

I understand what you were confused about my doings but hopefully this clarifies it :)

• Like 1

Oh you got me on that one can't explain why it's missing paths for those maybe just incomplete scripting

cause most sounds will play directly if server has custom cfgs for admins or intro's those wouldn't cause errors

but basically your pointing out the file is wasting space with unused text and .wav files that is what I see 

understand now happy hunting :)

• 100 1

5 hours ago, Eireannanl said:

As you can see, almost half of the sounds in "chons" folder is unused. Also one of those used .wav files (nani) isn't in voice menu. This means that it can only be used via /vsay.

Some servers allow sounds to be played for VIPs when they join. There's a section in the VIP lounge to request which sound to play when you join so if I had to guess I'd say that's why they're there. I guess they could also function as 'hidden' vsays 😛.