Ultimate survival fail

Husa

I grew up in a wild area of the US where hunting and fishing and "survivalist" stuff is common sense. My dad taught me to hunt when I was a kid. We cut our own firewood, fished, and drew water from a well. So I am not super impressed by these shows, but they are great entertainmnet for "city people" who have never been off the grid. Good way for people to learn what to do, or at least how to think in those situations, even if there is a camera man following the guy around.

I went to Kilauea (on Hawaii) a few years ago, where that video was taken, and that is exactly what it looks like. Yes there are cars driving by. But if you fall in the lava, those cars 100 yards away may as well be on the moon.

I went to Australia when I was in college and took a car around the continent with another American kid. We got lost many times and it was so hot we often got sick. I swam in rivers that had crocodiles, and in Shark Bay with the sharks. Nobody followed me around with a camera and no one was there to help if we got hurt.

Phantasm wants some replys about how cool he is :lol::feedback

I grew up in a wild area of the US where hunting and fishing and "survivalist" stuff is common sense. My dad taught me to hunt when I was a kid. We cut our own firewood, fished, and drew water from a well. So I am not super impressed by these shows, but they are great entertainmnet for "city people" who have never been off the grid. Good way for people to learn what to do, or at least how to think in those situations, even if there is a camera man following the guy around.

I went to Kilauea (on Hawaii) a few years ago, where that video was taken, and that is exactly what it looks like. Yes there are cars driving by. But if you fall in the lava, those cars 100 yards away may as well be on the moon.

I went to Australia when I was in college and took a car around the continent with another American kid. We got lost many times and it was so hot we often got sick. I swam in rivers that had crocodiles, and in Shark Bay with the sharks. Nobody followed me around with a camera and no one was there to help if we got hurt.

But if you had only brought along the 8mm and made a documentary about it. Endless Summer australian style.