Board Game Nights + Extras

ElEl

Yo

Before I had to leave due to personal issues I had a few ideas that I thought I might share with you guys, feedback would be appreciated :)

First off the main thing: Board game nights! Could be either a weekly or bi-weekly thing where we hop on Discord and play some board games. The only software I know of that we could use for this is Tabletop Simulator on Steam. It's about £15 or $20 USD and the Steam workshop has pretty much every board game known to man, even Cones of Dunshire. There could be discounts going if that's a bit steep for people, isthereanydeal says it's 57% off for a couple days but I hope most people already have it if they're in this club 😜. Ideally we'd have 4-6 players and a nice chill atmosphere, I'd rather not have people arguing about the rules or getting mad over x,y,z, so if there are disagreements we'd go with the majority group's decision. Let me know your thoughts. Also if anyone knows of any free alternatives to Tabletop Simulator or want to suggest games to play I'd be happy to hear either.

Poker nights. No real money obviously. There's a game on Steam called Governor of Poker 3 where a few of us could find a table and start playing. It is free but it's a bit of a hassle cause there's no private tables so again, if people know of a good free alternative I'd like to know about it :)

Last thing is the possibility of a chess tournaments for all the nerds amongst us with a set of a few games with different time controls. Don't have a plan for this yet but would like to hear what you guys think about this too.

Cheers,

El

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

i would love to get some poker nights going we did poker nights in my old clan and it was tons of fun 

anyone else interested let use no and we will get something going cant say no to free dl link above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great change of pace, for sure! Not a lot of people play boardgames nowadays, but we've played CAH quite a few times beforehand, and this is really good!

For those who want to get Tabletop Simulator, it's on sale for $8.59 USD (depends on the region, though), and you can get a further discount if you add FANATICAL10 as a coupon code before you check out.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tabletop-simulator

Sale goes on for a day, so make it snappy :P 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GoongalaJones said:

Great change of pace, for sure! Not a lot of people play boardgames nowadays, but we've played CAH quite a few times beforehand, and this is really good!

For those who want to get Tabletop Simulator, it's on sale for $8.59 USD (depends on the region, though), and you can get a further discount if you add FANATICAL10 as a coupon code before you check out.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tabletop-simulator

Sale goes on for a day, so make it snappy :P 

I just bought it. 57% off plus it gave me an additional 10% off for some reason. So i bought it for 5.80 which isnt to shabby. :)

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ElEl said:

Last thing is the possibility of a chess tournaments for all the nerds amongst us with a set of a few games with different time controls. Don't have a plan for this yet but would like to hear what you guys think about this too.

Cheers,

El

I would definitely be up for Chess, there isn't a bunch of people at school whom I can play with. xD

I know a page called Chess.com or something like that, where I used to play online some games. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mordecai said:

I would definitely be up for Chess, there isn't a bunch of people at school whom I can play with. xD

I know a page called Chess.com or something like that, where I used to play online some games. ;)

Ah I forgot to mention it in my post but we'll probably be using lichess.org to play, it's what myself and Cheep have been using plus it's got no ads and in interface is nice to look at :)

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

on lichess you can play quick competition and knockout system. but poker is more difficult, because poker takes more time and rounds.. also everyone must be available/online for playing poker for some hours.. 

Edited by Rolan001

4 hours ago, ElEl said:

Ah I forgot to mention it in my post but we'll probably be using lichess.org to play, it's what myself and Cheep have been using plus it's got no ads and in interface is nice to look at :)

Yeah nvm, just wanna play Chess ;)

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Tabletop is a great idea! :D

I haven't had the chance to try it yet (do own the game) but from what I hear you can play pretty much everything there. Would love to play some Settlers of Catan or Ticket to Ride with you guys ❤️

• Like 2