sup with this 9014 pb kick?

Pro*tOrMeNtIuM

2.6b wont help a thing im playing on 2.6b and get kicked by pb atleast 2 times in a match... Someone just needs to invent a new cheat protection system coz pb sux hard it makes lag and kicks ppl by stupid reasons.. If you havent noticed now when there isnt pb on FA #2 it doesnt lag at all when there is 40+ plrs :P So it works perfect and no ppl getting kicked :D SL could give permission to rate on non-pb servers where is 100+ admins so there could always be admin who is kicking aimbotters and other hackers :D Lol anyway i hope there will be good solution for this, something else than non-pb servers :D

• Like 1

2.6b wont help a thing im playing on 2.6b and get kicked by pb atleast 2 times in a match... Someone just needs to invent a new cheat protection system coz pb sux hard it makes lag and kicks ppl by stupid reasons.. If you havent noticed now when there isnt pb on FA #2 it doesnt lag at all when there is 40+ plrs :P So it works perfect and no ppl getting kicked :D SL could give permission to rate on non-pb servers where is 100+ admins so there could always be admin who is kicking aimbotters and other hackers :D Lol anyway i hope there will be good solution for this, something else than non-pb servers :D

I had it too with 2.6. And lso with me sleep 250 doesn't help...

PUNKBUSTER is killing the game!

Hell

I did all suggestions (2.6b, sleep 500, and sleep 250) and really nothing is helping me. sumtimes im lucky and stay a few maps, sometimes i not so lucky and stay a few minutes <_< but wateve just waitin for all this to blow over cuz i dont kno a thing abut pb.

• Administrators

I did all suggestions (2.6b, sleep 500, and sleep 250) and really nothing is helping me. sumtimes im lucky and stay a few maps, sometimes i not so lucky and stay a few minutes <_ but wateve just waitin for all this to blow over cuz i dont kno a thing abut pb.>

Please make a ticket here and give then all info about your OS and drivers you can.

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php?game=et

The more info you give them, more faster they will fix it!

Thank you!

• Administrators

Please make a ticket here and give then all info about your OS and drivers you can.

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php?game=et

The more info you give them, more faster they will fix it!

Thank you!

Dunno but maybe we should make something like a generic ticket and spam Evenbalance until they fix it. Maybe starting next monday everyone send in a ticket (even if you dont have issues).

isnt there really a way to down-grade do old pb?? i k now ant1y did it to my etpro server so why cant u guys do it to urs??? i even know ppl can edit what pb checks in server like what specific cvars to look for etc, maybe disable that pb 9014 thing manually? i will ask ant1y anyways and see if there is a way cuz this is becoming very stupid to see ppl geting kicked by this and i dont get why,...i havent got kicked once but i see ppl geting kicked by it every 2 mins lol

bad luck?

ET is going to end so is world!! run!! pfft....

Everything will be fine , don't go complain crazy... its not first time they something like this .

You know what ? I never got a 9014 kick everr in all the years I have been playing ET =P (i must be immune to the aids)

Dunno but maybe we should make something like a generic ticket and spam Evenbalance until they fix it. Maybe starting next monday everyone send in a ticket (even if you dont have issues).

I like that idea :)

ok, everyone flood them with tickets whether you are having this problem or not, you will be helping out a lot of people who ARE having this problem :)

pb staff has answered me again...

i will try it monday

09/10/2010 00:05:16 - "=F|A=Douglas"

Note #3: ok, i do it but im still get kicked by losing key packets 9014

any other sugestion?

thanks for your fast support[/b]

Note #4: Ok, I need some log information from you. I want you to do the following:

Join a PB server, and drop the console with ~, then type

pb_logtofile 1

and then

pb_writecfg

Wait until you get kicked. Now check your ..\pb folder for a file called pbcl.log If you have hidden your file extensions, please make sure you open pbcl.log and not pbcllog.cfg! or pbcl.db Paste the line from there into a new note.

Please note: Users of Windows Vista and above will find that file under "C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\[game]\pb". To find that folder, enter "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\" to the navigation bar in your Windows Explorer, as some folders in this path might be hidden folders. Unless you activated the option to see hidden folders, you will need to enter the correct path directly into the navigation bar.

In case the kick occurs too fast to type the commands, go to your PB folder and create a plain text file "pbcl.cfg" in it (use a text editor like "Notepad", make sure it has no additional '.txt' extension). Put the text "pb_logtofile 1" as a single line to it. Then save the file and join a PB enabled server. After getting kicked, you should have a file "pbcl.log" in the PB folder.

IMO it could be because of an earlier version of ET like 2.55

I'm running 2.60b and haven't got kicked once. So maybe we should test it by gathering like 10 testers that are getting kicked and ask them to update to 2.60b.