Help me with my aim script

MikeJ

It's a wide range of things Id suggest trying to focus on a item and hold aim on the object while strafing around until you find your feel and adjust sensitivity as needed

There's many tuts around that can offer good insight try this one it's got many details 

Also check Google for 'aiming by Raziel' mate (i think its mentioned in BossHK thread above), was more for RTCW but as ET was basically made as an expansion to RTCW before being released as a standalone the tut works just as well.

Edited by Snuffs99

First set /sensitivity.  Playing ET at a server(with mod)

Move forward and flick wrist in arc to the left(about 90 degrees).

You should have faced behind You(180 degrees).

If You turned too far, Sensitivity is too high.  /sensitivity 5 is stock setting in ET and is way too fast.

Open ET console(Press ~), Type: /seta sensitivity 3.0 [Press Enter, Not kp_enter).

Set sensitivity so that You can easily 180 and back and be straight.

You will aim a lot better...

Sensitivity will be set only in that mod.

Edited by Buckwild
addition

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, MikeJ said:

Help me with my aim cfg

What do you need to know to help me with my aim

PC specs, mouse, keyboard?

PLEASE HAHA

In general (this will apply to whatever I or anyone else will say) it all comes down to personal preference, but anyways:

A lot of people use way too high of a sensitivity, if you can do a full 360 or more by moving your mouse from the left to the right of your mousepad (assuming you don't use mouse_accel which I highly suggest to not use) you are using a sensitivity that you will very likely not be able to control consistently. Lifting your mouse because your sensitive is "too low" shouldn't be an issue, it should be something you have to learn to adapt to.

Visual wise lowering certain graphic settings will positively influence your ability to see others thus making you a better shot from distance. I can go through some details but I would much more recommend to have a look at our player config database here: https://fearless-assassins.com/files/category/11-player-configs/. If you need help putting everything in the right folder etc etc let me know, I have no idea how new you are to ET.

Lastly (for now): Don't constantly switch your settings because you died a few times. Allow yourself instead to get used to your settings so you can build muscle memory. I feel like a group of people don't take that advice to heart enough.

"Aiming" is a very broad subject. Depending on the problems you see yourself facing I could go into more detail but since you stay pretty non-specific my advice will be the same. If there is something specific you want to know tips or tricks about then let us know by all means.

• 100 1

No its still being used for basic networks cause windows 10 still uses these functions keep in mind the limit tho 100mbps that may be out dated but still for standardized settings is standard

What really has become obsolete is the CAT5 cables that are provided with most devices these days still and people don't know they are limited to speeds through these old

I mean to really get your money's worth out of a router is to buy better cables with good speeds

check the wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_11801

CAT 8's are available now

If you wan to really max out your routers send and receive bytes per second would be to edit the properties/configuration of the Ethernet driver and change the receive and send buffers and set them to 32 I think off the top of my head .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeJ said:

My problem is not hitting those headshots

I very rarely get that ping

Do servers with mostly bots with some human players (recruiting during nighttime when server dies out) and just work on flicking and snapping toward bot heads. Then the human players can provide a more un predictable movement.

7 hours ago, DoubleDragon said:

No its still being used for basic networks cause windows 10 still uses these functions keep in mind the limit tho 100mbps that may be out dated but still for standardized settings is standard

What really has become obsolete is the CAT5 cables that are provided with most devices these days still and people don't know they are limited to speeds through these old

I mean to really get your money's worth out of a router is to buy better cables with good speeds

check the wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_11801

CAT 8's are available now

If you wan to really max out your routers send and receive bytes per second would be to edit the properties/configuration of the Ethernet driver and change the receive and send buffers and set them to 32 I think off the top of my head .

u sir have some nice info smart fella.. we lucky to have u around here.thanks for info..  

there is a million cfgs in here. most all the top shots have same  settings.  and 4k pcs .lol

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

There is a million cfgs in here. most all the top shots have same  settings.  and 4k pcs .lol

I have yet to see two random top players with exactly the same settings 😂

Also I know there have been many many top players playing on crappy Windows XP with crappy monitors. You really can't "buy" aim/skill. To become better  depends on your determination and talent, not at all your set up and cfg (graphic-wise)

• 100 2

ET does run on UDP but if you looked into the information about registry keys that need to be changed that can improve game performance as well related to network adapters.