ET Server Suggestion Shuffle suggestion on Begginers #2

notellenPage

Hello,

I've noticed recently that shuffles after each map doesn't work correctly, of course, that's my opinion. Today around 3pm we played maps, 3 maps were won by one team, I think it was Axis. On Goldrush Allies didin't even pass the 1st tank barrier, for half an hour - on the next map, no shuffle, teams stayed the same. That wasn't the first time, usually it happens when there's only 8 people playing or less. I know it's set to shuffle after each map when there's a big gap between teams... But what does it mean 'big gap'?
   So, I propose to set shuffle after each map, even if the teams are equal or something, it's just random and fair, so I think it'll make the playing better.

Hey notellenpage,

From what I know, the server auto shuffles every 3 maps regardless of the teams conditions. I don't know if beginners#2 is run slightly differently than that, but if it is, some clarification would be great. @RendeL

For the time being, there are a few things you can do:

1. You can take screenshots of the players that are consistently stacking and hand them over to an admin for us to take action
2. Perhaps you can be given an admin level if you havent already so you can help out a bit when an FA admin isnt around

3. Get discord and hit us up if teams get out of hand and nobody is around. <---- Best option, many of us are online daily and can easily come to the server and help out for any issue.

4. If you have level 3, you do not even need to have Discord to get our attention. You can use the !adminhelp cmd to call an admin. ;)

Apologies for the bad experience. Regarding the suggestion, I will leave that up to the Beg#2 regulars and admins to decide whats best for that server. 

Thanks for coming on here and expressing your concerns.
See you around Ellen!

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The shuffle is tricky on the server. Because some ppl tend to move to their desired team, either they only want to play as axis or allies, or they stack when they see a good player on other team and think they win with them.

Something might come to help out with the balance, but so far the few admins we are there are trying our best, cant be online 24/7 tho.

If you'd like to help, please read and reply to my pm.

1:        Hi again, yeah, I've noticed that people stack a lot, especially when no one's around to keep them tight. That's another problem. I understand you guys, I know no one can spend their private time on the server. To be honest,  I haven't been working for about a month, since I came back from UK, so usually I play in the morning, where there's only few guys playing. I understand you've got jobs and families and everything, I don't blame anyone for that. It's just... I didin't know I'm the only one who noticed that so... I kinda feel embarassed now :D

2:        I don't have discord... and don't know what's that, have to read about that more

3:        Of course, I would like to help, I kinda feel a part of this ET community, my Internet 'family'. The issue I have with applying is my language, my English is not good enough in my opinion, I know I make a lot mistakes and I'm still freaking learning it. Another thing is this week I'm playing, but, for example, next 2 weeks I might be travelling or spending holiday somewhere. So what's the point of having an admin like that?

• Like 4

Hey, nothing to be embarrassed about. We thoroughly appreciate regulars who spend time to come on our forums and offer suggestions to improve our servers. Feedback is always welcome. So keep it coming if you have any more.

Discord is a free voice and text software similar to Teamspeak and previously used, xfire. I'd recommend getting it. Its free and you can keep in contact with the rest of our community with ease. https://discordapp.com/

I recommend you do apply, if English is the only thing holding you back, let it stop you no more. By the looks of your posts above, your english ability is way above average and we have no issues understanding you. Also, a good way to improve is by conversing with the rest of us on here and applying to join our clan will allow you to do that. Besides, you're amongst friends, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Go here now: https://fearless-assassins.com/forum/184-applications-join-us/ - I've seen you a few times on Beg#2 and from my experience, i havent seen anything bad. So go for it buddy.

If you do have any questions, give us a shout! ;)

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, notellenPage said:

3:        Of course, I would like to help, I kinda feel a part of this ET community, my Internet 'family'. The issue I have with applying is my language, my English is not good enough in my opinion, I know I make a lot mistakes and I'm still freaking learning it. Another thing is this week I'm playing, but, for example, next 2 weeks I might be travelling or spending holiday somewhere. So what's the point of having an admin like that?

Same reaction as Cheep: if the only thing stopping you is english, you clearly have a good enough level. I've not been around as long as Cheep or Rendel, but I've already seen couple of admins with a worse english level than you. Plus, being admin doesn't mean you know everything, you keep learning and practicing.

As for the holidays, there is a section on the forum where we say if we are going to be away for a few days or weeks. There is no rule that says admins can't take vacations ^_^

Back to the Shuffle suggestion:

- I agree with Rendel when he says that the more responsable admins (or trusted regulars) we have, the better the chances are that the teams will be even. So you might consider applying as well.

- I don't really like the idea of a shuffle every map. I think an automatic shuffle every 3 (or at least 2) maps is fine. Reason is that, in the case where teams are even and the players have fun, why risk a forced shuffle.

Also, the shuffle system sorts out players in teams based on skills. So, for example, if a player has a high K/D ratio, he knows that 100% of the times, after a shuffle he will be put in Axis (unless some other player with higher K/D ratio connects). What if he likes to play Allies? That means that after every map, he can be sure to play Axis again.

- Maybe an intermediate solution would be for players to call for a Shuffling vote within first 5 min of a map. This way, if one team is way stronger than the other and no admin is around, you don't have to wait for the next automatic shuffle.

Edited by Cross Marian
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

Just reminded me: the shuffle vote is again available. DD also decreased the vote pass % for it, so give it a try. Works few minutes after map start.

Me and Kermit have shuffle atm, but with time and few more admins, the "elder" ones deem worthy might get it added to their guid also, this depends on our input and in the end DD.

@notellenPage your English skills are more than enough. We used to make laugh on the server and I understood you without problems. Also about you being inactive isn't issue, just let me know for example or post here on forums if you apply and need a time out. We have many applicants before and in the future who also travels or works alot.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not such a problem IMO, a few ppl complain after a shuffle and the odd one changes team; usually the same low skill players (we know who they are) but they don't really change the outcome anyway..........but in general the maps are close enough and fun. Who cares which team we are on anyway, just play and have fun. I will always try and balance the teams by joining the weaker team (more of a challenge). Flamma (who has every right to play on the server)  changes the outcome more; he is like 3-4 good players difference. We need to split him in two somehow and share him between the teams 😁

• Like 1

When I posted this it seemed to me like a problem, but now... I'm not sure if anything changed, but it looks good. Maybe more people started playing because of the holiday? Haven't noticed that few maps were won by only one team and nothing changed.
-?- got banned today, so probably there's no more ppl playing on Beg2, who stack every map. Like Cross said today, when Flamma's on the server, the good fun ends :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, notellenPage said:

Like Cross said today, when Flamma's on the server, the good fun ends :D

To be honest, when he joined the opposite team I said "fun time is over" XD

because we would have to be super serious to have a chance. It's like fighting a tank with bow and arrows haha ... we still lost though 😅

But yeah I agree, it can happen sometimes depending on teams, luck or shuffle that Axis (or Allies) will win a few times in a row. Doesn't really mean we should reconsider the entire shuffling system. But it's still good to keep an eye out and not be afraid to say or suggest something like you did.

@RendeL @CheepHeep I checked in a couple of maps on BE 2 if the vote to shuffle is active during the first minutes of a map, but it appears not. Any news on that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cross Marian said:

I'm not even sure why he plays on Beginners 2. Eventually I reached a point where I just felt scummy killing people on that server and ruining their fun which is probably the main reason I moved to Jay2. It irritates me a bit to see someone else doing it too. If I see him on the server though I'll join the opposite team to try balance it out more, maybe I'll ruin his fun like he's doing for everyone else on the server 😜

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Cross Marian said:

I checked in a couple of maps on BE 2 if the vote to shuffle is active during the first minutes of a map, but it appears not. Any news on that?

Well this is what @daredevil told me, tho I haven't checked that, because we had some other stuff at hands lately.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cross Marian said:

because we would have to be super serious to have a chance. It's like fighting a tank with bow and arrows haha ... we still lost though 😅

Yes, my bad, sorry. That's probably the most accurate sentence about flamma and what's happening when he plays :D

11 hours ago, ElEl said:

It irritates me a bit to see someone else doing it too. If I see him on the server though I'll join the opposite team to try balance it out more, maybe I'll ruin his fun like he's doing for everyone else on the server 😜

I'm far more worse than he is, but even if he's playing in opposite team, he's not ruining my fun or, in my opinion, everyone else's xD of course, it's "nice" to have him but playing against him it's kinda challenge and I love challenges. It's just a game, everyone is trying to get better and better and, thanks to him, me and few more guys have that opportunity.

• Like 4

I can see how some people might lose their fun with Flamma playing on the server, but I like him on the server. There is always going to be a pro player like him on the server and I see it as a challenge. It makes me want to try harder to complete the map, more of a mission than usual, I also believe he will help my game improve; that's why if you notice I always change team to play against him too. If I kill him 1 in 10 I would have improved 🙄

Flamma is fair, he always tries for mission, always moves team when asked and never complains ever............he sometimes changes team to even up without being asked. Top players like him will always come along to BG2 like it or not. ElEl before and Mirror occasionally now.

Btw @ ElEl I used to enjoy your company on BG2, you always tried for the mission too and helped me with tips to improve my game (like throwing back the airstrike to the enemy) 😁

• Like 7