problem addentitysurfaces bad rtype

monster

un joueur regulier rencontre un problem qui na pas resolu avec une nouvelle instalation le message recu es addentitysurfaces bad rtype 

il joue sou windows xp  

si vous avez une solution a proposer

a regular player encounters a problem that has not solved with a new instalation the message received addentitysurfaces bad rtype

he plays his windows xp

if you have a solution to propose
Edited by captnconcrete
  • 100 1

• Leader
5 hours ago, monster said:

addentitysurfaces bad rtype 

The source code for Wolfenstein ET on GitHub does not seem to have "addentitysurfaces, addentity or rtype" words.  The word "rtype" is commonly seen in Java and Java examples, along with some other  posted programming examples.

A cheat-coder from over 10 years ago used an "addentity" function in his cheat-program for ET.  

There is a French forum where someone had the same error some 13 years ago.  He was advised to try to update his graphics drivers.  

I would suggest that Monter's "regular user" start ET and when the error happens, that he open his console and do a "/condump ETerror.txt".  If we could see it here, we then might have more clues to go on.  He could also save the "etconsole.log" file in his ETmain folder by renaming it to "ErrorET.log" and giving it to us.  Note that our ETcconsole.log files are overwritten each time that we restart ET.

I would be interested in seeing copies of those two files before he tries the two other possibilities below.  He should also try to get a picture of the error statement.  He might have to run ET in a window to do that, or take a phone pic of his screen.

He could try the F|A "Pk3-cleaner" program, which removes some old and unused pk3 files.  I wonder if one of those files is corrupt might be causing this problem.  (This could only be true if the error statement is from within the pk3 file :?: ). 

He could also try downloading and installing the "Safe" version of ET from the F|A Download Section.   

If his copy of ET is from a cheat-source, then it might have those error-words within its code or in a DLL that came with it.

It seems that C++ can have errors with "AddEntity", which is "built into" the language and would not show up in the ET source code.  It can also show up in LUA-scripts, I believe.   This could mean that there is fundamental corruption within his copy of ET.exe (or maybe a loaded map?) 

Edited by RedBaird
I went down the "rabbit hole" again! :o
  • Like 1

rebaird

Thank you for your answer my time very complete I have him kindly propose to fair a screenshot of his message error it didnt be ready to the fair or maybe did not agree til the function for the old cheat I do not Sai if he uses se kind of process I It is also advice to use PK3 cleaner and it my answer that thisait a new instalation more it says only plays on our server

Player alias the Knight player regular on beguinner1 and jay1 I invite you to discuss with him my English are very bad you may be more information than me

• Like 1

addentity surface is related to md3 models this only comes up in radiant during compiling if this is a new install you shouldn't be getting this when you start the game

bad rtype is related to refactor type of the code being read by the system "meaning it is missing essential program languages to read it"

this is a programming language "C#" error the .net frameworks on windows xp is incompatible with the software in ET that it was created with

your not going to be able to google this error for windows xp because it is either obsolete and omitted from search engines or never existed

and if you uninstall and reinstall and patch et to 2.60 or to 2.60 you would probably still likely get this error message because the system can not handle the C#

hi all and thnx for replay and it  is first time see this i have all essential program on my windows this problem started from few days only i tried download new et it from splash damaged and  still same all drivers updated and i do all things but still same i did pk3 cleaner also and downloadedd visual c++ 2013 and directx 10 and finally i did what redbaird said and this is the file he want maybe help finally i will try download new windows xp sooner and see maybe my windows have problem or loses essential programs and will replay again and thnx all and thnx monster and dd and captnconcerte and redbaird 

eterror.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
7 hours ago, th3knight said:

I took a quick look at your file and noticed an error statement on line 592 of your file:  "ERROR: R_AddEntitySurfaces: Bad reType" .  My Internet search term had used "rtype", which led me astray.  :D 

I ended up using the search term " wolfenstein + "R_AddEntitySurfaces: Bad reType" ".  I added the "wolfenstein + " because just using the error message led to 'malware analysis' reports.

From your file: 

handle 1: etconsole.log
----------------------
32362 files in pk3 files
ERROR: R_AddEntitySurfaces: Bad reType
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- R_Init -----

GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GeForce 7050 / nForce 620i/integrated/SSE2
GL_VERSION: 2.1.2

That "retype" search led to a number of possibilities, including a tutorial on =F|A !  :D  This fix was mentioned on another site, too.

Q: "I keep getting 'R_AddEntitySurfaces: Bad reType'"

A: Nvidia control panel -> OpenGl Menu -> Vertical Sync -> Always Disabled

Your file says that you are using Nvidia, so give this a try.  See if your Vertical Sync is turned on.  If it is on, try turning it off.   

The FA tutorial: 

Thanks @DoubleDragon for the troubleshooting help.  Now we just have to wait for @th3knight to try the vertical-sync tip to see if that is the 'end of the trail'.  :D

We MUST be exact when reporting error statements.  I don't trust my own memory to remember them, either.   

Edited by RedBaird
@'s added and hr
  • Like 2

I tried to message you but your unable to receive messages on the site for some reason maybe box is full talk to DD I mailed to him instead what I was going to explain 

vsync wouldn't cause the issue if the game is running on integrated graphics like the dump file says

openGL didn't close or crash this is related to scripting

if ET cleaner was used and/or the game was reinstalled with the proper .net frameworks and this is still happening then it's OE related

but outside the box if all system information is correct with the right frameworks I suggest reinstalling the game with a 2.60 patch already added 

the last file read before the error was in etmain in that folder is where the error is

I also looked for r_addentitysurfaces in source files it is not part of the mp_bin.pk3 files of the installed game and doesn't match the servers cgame.mp.i386.so file or cgame_mp_x86.dll you would only find this error from using radiant during compile times

for more in depth details I would have to explain a sensitive part of the game that is completely out of context of what needs to be done to run a 'clean' install I'd have to say no to it cause it is self explanatory to click on install

it doesn't matter what language the user can read or what the computer is set to because the language for .net frameworks is still the same in context of coding is concerned

openGl didn't crash as well as explained and no one else is having troubles with the server files this only leaves me to conclude it's  a bad install of q3map2 source files

there is one more thing your either executing a autoconfig.cfg on start up or have changed the etconfig.cfg in etmain that is also maybe possibly but slim chance this could be the issue I do suggest moving the autoexec.cfg from etmain and/or remove all configuration files out of both etmain and jaymod/profile folder with extension .cfg until you have resolved your scripting error

You will need to execute this from console once you have moved the .cfg files etmain will create a new one once it is removed -->   cvar_restart;exec etconfig.cfg;vid_restart

the Com_sprintf: overflow of 64 bytes buffer is nothing to be concerned with

But I want to clarify this is not a clean install with all the modifications made with the configs the error is script related

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, DoubleDragon said:

I tried to message you but your unable to receive messages on the site for some reason maybe box is full talk to DD I mailed to him instead what I was going to explain 

vsync wouldn't cause the issue if the game is running on integrated graphics like the dump file says

openGL didn't close or crash this is related to scripting

if ET cleaner was used and/or the game was reinstalled with the proper .net frameworks and this is still happening then it's OE related

but outside the box if all system information is correct with the right frameworks I suggest reinstalling the game with a 2.60 patch already added 

the last file read before the error was in etmain in that folder is where the error is

I also looked for r_addentitysurfaces in source files it is not part of the mp_bin.pk3 files of the installed game and doesn't match the servers cgame.mp.i386.so file or cgame_mp_x86.dll you would only find this error from using radiant during compile times

for more in depth details I would have to explain a sensitive part of the game that is completely out of context of what needs to be done to run a 'clean' install I'd have to say no to it cause it is self explanatory to click on install

it doesn't matter what language the user can read or what the computer is set to because the language for .net frameworks is still the same in context of coding is concerned

openGl didn't crash as well as explained and no one else is having troubles with the server files this only leaves me to conclude it's  a bad install of q3map2 source files

there is one more thing your either executing a autoconfig.cfg on start up or have changed the etconfig.cfg in etmain that is also maybe possibly but slim chance this could be the issue I do suggest moving the autoexec.cfg from etmain and/or remove all configuration files out of both etmain and jaymod/profile folder with extension .cfg until you have resolved your scripting error

You will need to execute this from console once you have moved the .cfg files etmain will create a new one once it is removed -->   cvar_restart;exec etconfig.cfg;vid_restart

the Com_sprintf: overflow of 64 bytes buffer is nothing to be concerned with

But I want to clarify this is not a clean install with all the modifications made with the configs the error is script related

so what i must do now dd

• Like 1