Hello! Figured I ought to finally join the forum!

lagzOr

The ET community might know me as the one who often gets more revives than kills :D I enjoy the team-play aspect!

I wonder if anyone recognizes my name from around 2009? I used to regularly play in the main FA jaymod server for ET back then. I remember danger and Olykiller and a few others.

Am also into map making. Been messing around with Radiant since 2011-ish, but never got to the point of publishing anything. I enjoy the design part, but know next-to-nothing about scripting.

Currently working on a large map, built entirely from scratch and another that combines some of the original maps.

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1

Mapping huh, great to meet you. I am pretty sure you and I can learn a thing or 2 from each other, hit me up on discord maybe we could have a chance to work togheter on something 😉

Welcome!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smileyyy said:

Mapping huh, great to meet you. I am pretty sure you and I can learn a thing or 2 from each other, hit me up on discord maybe we could have a chance to work togheter on something 😉

Welcome!

@Smileyyy - Yes, would be great to work as a team! Not sure what I could bring new to the table, other than fresh ideas, lol. I've only gone solo, never completing anything. Basically just messed around designing houses and stuff, no completed maps yet (the scripting stuff is way over my head).

Here's a rough idea (see attachment) of my "combining elements of original maps" map. Fueldump landscape and building footprints; Oasis architecture, textures, and models (and littering the map with more structures so it's not as wide open as Fueldump is); Goldrush/Supply sort of objectives (truck circling inside of axis base after collecting gold). And I'd throw in some tunnels/bunkers from Railgun, Battery, and Radar somewhere in those mountains. I've always wanted to combine these maps in some way. Something I plan to design on my own, but in time will definitely need help scripting.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

map_rough_idea.jpg

• Like 1

• Leader
On 5/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, lagzOr said:

the one who often gets more revives than kills :D I enjoy the team-play aspect!

Bravo!  Good to hear!