Request config (connection speed and graphics)

PeruET

Hi all . I would appreciate if any of you pass me a recommendation to better configure my game. I am seriously thinking about uninstalling the game since it has practically become impossible to play (lately it is giving me a lot of lag and I think the cause is the connection to the internet). Here I give you more details.

DIRECTX 11
RAM: 1gb
CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3 Ghz 32 bits
GRAPHIC CARD: Intel (R) 82915G / GV / 910GL Express Chipset Family (186 mb)
SCREEN: 1280x1024
INTERNET CONNECTION: 72 mbps
USE OF ANY BOSTER PROGRAM: Yes, I use the Razer

I would appreciate if you really help me since I have put together a reasonable amount of experience to think twice about leaving the game. Please I would like the configuration to be based only on performance, I really do not care about graphics.
Sorry if my PC seems very old for today xd but I just have another but since it has windows 10 the wolf et him runs too slow because it is not compatible.

12 hours ago, PeruET said:

Hi all . I would appreciate if any of you pass me a recommendation to better configure my game. I am seriously thinking about uninstalling the game since it has practically become impossible to play (lately it is giving me a lot of lag and I think the cause is the connection to the internet). Here I give you more details.

DIRECTX 11
RAM: 1gb
CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3 Ghz 32 bits
GRAPHIC CARD: Intel (R) 82915G / GV / 910GL Express Chipset Family (186 mb)
SCREEN: 1280x1024
INTERNET CONNECTION: 72 mbps
USE OF ANY BOSTER PROGRAM: Yes, I use the Razer

I would appreciate if you really help me since I have put together a reasonable amount of experience to think twice about leaving the game. Please I would like the configuration to be based only on performance, I really do not care about graphics.
Sorry if my PC seems very old for today xd but I just have another but since it has windows 10 the wolf et him runs too slow because it is not compatible.

I think your gpu is the bottle neck here if anything. Or with that pc, any 3rd party program stresses it too much, try disabling that Razer program and anything else from the background.

Do you have a cfg in use, post it here and something might be able to do. If you dont use cfg, while ingame, type /writeconfig peru.cfg and search it from your jaymod folder, then post it here.

Goodnight . I already did everything you told me.
Try playing the ET without the razer but the result is the same and it has nothing to do with the server because it tries with JAYMOD 2 and is the same.

etconfig.cfg

1 GB RAM? Seriously?

Why not buy a used one? You will probably get it for free on the computer service, if they still have such antique in the warehouse.

In any case there is some way to make the ET compatible with windows 10, I have another PC much better than this one that I played with 2 years ago and the truth is that the game ran at full speed, but when I installed windows 10 the lag generated was unbearable much more than my current old pc. Is there a way to fix that?

19 minutes ago, PeruET said:

In any case there is some way to make the ET compatible with windows 10, I have another PC much better than this one that I played with 2 years ago and the truth is that the game ran at full speed, but when I installed windows 10 the lag generated was unbearable much more than my current old pc. Is there a way to fix that? 

Try running ET in compatibility mode. Then type r_primitives 2 in your console. If that's not better, try r_primitives 1.

I took a look on your cfg and made some changes. Basicly you had all the cvars that causes lag on. Shadows, flares, tracers and especially if you play on nq, the aurashadows atleast for me, is the issue.

Put it in your etmain folder and then do /exec peru.cfg and see if it helped. If not, then I suggest to try your other pc, as the one you use is really outdated and weak.

peru.cfg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeruET said:

Hi PeruET,

From Intel Support: The latest graphics driver for that chipset was released on 01/17/2007 for Windows XP Home Edition*, Windows XP Media Center Edition*, Windows XP Professional*, Windows 2000*. There are no Windows 10 drivers so it will use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter which is likely a cause of the decreased performance. 

Regards,

Arkinder

• Like 1
  • 100 1