Strange Reload Issue

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

This only happens on Silent Mod and I have Autoreload set to 0 but on Silent, my FG42 or Thompson, whichever team I'm on, will reload in the middle of a fight and for no reason. Like, it'll reload after 3 or 4 shots. It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas what could cause something like this?

Hi HipKat,

From the Silent Mod Documentation:

cg_weapaltReloads 
Description
  Hitting altfire (usually right mouse button) when holding a weapon that doesn't have an alternative fire will reload the weapon
Usage
  cg_weapaltReloads [0|1]
Default: 0

If that doesn't resolve the issue backup your config using /writeconfig name.cfg then reset your cvar settings with /cvar_restart. Before executing your config make sure to test the weapon reload.

Regards,

Arkinder

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Arkinder said:

Hi HipKat,

From the Silent Mod Documentation:

cg_weapaltReloads 
Description
  Hitting altfire (usually right mouse button) when holding a weapon that doesn't have an alternative fire will reload the weapon
Usage
  cg_weapaltReloads [0|1]
Default: 0

If that doesn't resolve the issue backup your config using /writeconfig name.cfg then reset your cvar settings with /cvar_restart. Before executing your config make sure to test the weapon reload.

Regards,

Arkinder

Hey Ark. I always do cvar_restart before I exec my cfg.That’s why my name always changes to etplayer right after I log onto the server. I don’t know why but a couple of months ago it started that if I don’t do that first, when I execute my CFG, the graphics look all muddy and kind of blurry. But I did already set the values to zero on the code it hasn’t  changed anything

Edited by -=HipKat=-

It doesn't appear to be cvar related at least. Perhaps removing the binds from your config and trying again. Otherwise removing the Silent mod folder or reinstalling could help. 

Regards,

Arkinder

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

Can we agree that being on Silent and asking people who always play there if they have any ideas why this happens is NOT whining?????

• Like 1
  • 100 1

4 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Can we agree that being on Silent and asking people who always play there if they have any ideas why this happens is NOT whining?????

Just ignore it hip, u play into people's hands. Arkinder knows alot about the game and always provides good advice take it 👍 good luck mate. 

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, HOTSPUR said:

Just ignore it hip, u play into people's hands. Arkinder knows alot about the game and always provides good advice take it 👍 good luck mate. 

Yeah, I know he does. He’s a real good dude. One of the guys I am recruiting that I totally dig