Problem seeing old demos

b4ckdoor
Go to solution Solved by Buckwild,

Hello friends I have problems to visualize some old demo in my wolfenstein, in case it is in jaymod 2.1.7, it happens that the servers nowadays is with jaymod 2.2.0, and when I put the demo appears an error and versions, it is I can install this jaymod 2.1.7.pk3, and get to watch normally

• Leader

It may depend on what version of ET that you are using or were using back then.

ET 2.55 made  demo  files with the extension of *.dm_82.

ET 2.6 and 2.6b make files with the extension of *.dm_84.

If your old demos have the extension of md_82, then you can just rename the extension to dm_84.  The opposite is true, too.  :D

Here is a topic from 2012 where we discussed various demo techniques and problems.  

Edited by RedBaird
2.6 + b
  • Like 2

I understand what you said, but my problem is that it is not compatible with the jaymod version and I do not know how to install jaymod 2.1.7,    

if I knew how to install old versions of jaymod I think I could

ddd.jpg

Edited by b4ckdoor

• Leader

Jaymod 2.2.0 should auto-download when you connect to an =F|A= Jaymod server and put its pk3s into your Jaymod folder.  Perhaps some of your download cvars are missing or unset.

Thanks @Buckwild :D                    

I will have to remove my own jay220 pk3 and make sure that it does auto-download from our 'redirect' server.

• Leader
1 hour ago, RedBaird said:

Jaymod 2.2.0 should auto-download when you connect to an =F|A= Jaymod server

My auto-download worked fine.

= moved "jaymod-2.2.0.pk3" to a finance folder and connected to jay#2.  The 220 downloaded in a few seconds and the server started right up.
        = I replaced the 220 with a "jaymod-2.1.8.pk3 " and the 220 downloaded right away and my ET connected to jay2.

• Leader

I did a little experiment and "corrupted" a copy of the jaymod 220 by removing some folders from inside of it.

Jaymod was not phased at all.  It downloaded a new version of 220 and played right on.

My etconsole.log showed these lines:

Need paks: jaymod/jaymod-2.2.0.pk3 (local file exists with wrong checksum)
Need paks: @jaymod/jaymod-2.2.0.pk3@jaymod/jaymod-2.2.0.1549b9c6.pk3

It left the corrupted 220 in the jaymod folder and played the game with the "jaymod-2.2.0.1549b9c6.pk3" file!

:D