The Machinist
Go to solution Solved by daredevil,

Tonight I  sign-in to Fearless Assassins server and receive message of a bad ui. I am not overly savvy but retry my connection because sometimes things go weird in ET and retrying resolves access to a server. This time I get a ban for using a VPN until 12/2020. 12/2020 lmao. The message states VPN NOT ALLOWED-333. This is humorous to me. I've been using a VPN and have had not one problem playing on FA servers for years. Whatever. Just pissed. Maybe state that in your server rules for ET players. Maybe understand not all VPN users are cheaters. Maybe quit being so sensitive. I won't turn my VPN off for your servers but I digress. If this is the end of ET for me because I use a VPN then so be it.

• Like 2

Our server rules haven't changed, proxies have always been disallowed and VPN falls into this category unfortunately as people abuse them.

It may be that our proxy list has recently been updated with a fresh batch of known proxy IPs.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, The Machinist said:

Maybe understand not all VPN users are cheaters. Maybe quit being so sensitive. I won't turn my VPN off for your servers but I digress. If this is the end of ET for me because I use a VPN then so be it.

I agree that not all VPN users are cheats and i do get your frustration given its very easy to obtain a new IP from your ISP simply by turning your router/modem off for a min or two...However it is in FA rules if you look and VPN's have been discussed a few times before. Its not hard to turn your VPN off to connect to FA servers and i see no reason what so ever why you would need to use one to play ET. I sort of feel your punishing yourself  and cutting off your nose to suit your face by taking a stand tbh, the only one missing out would be yourself.

Each to their own i guess.

• Like 4
  • 100 2

• Administrators
  • Solution

We also white list business proxies. If you can provide the proxy which is used at your work, we can white list it. 

Other then that all proxies remains banned. I won't allow proxies so cheaters, trouble makers, etc can load up proxies and come back to cheating, harassing, etc.  If you are good player, you can play with your IP without harassment. The only reason anyone changes their IP is to cause shit because they can unban themselves easily. 

PS 2020 is right now. It will be 2021 next year, so good luck. You find new proxy, we catch new proxy and we add in ban list. It's cat and mouse game. Sooner or later we will catch up on it. 

• Like 8
  • 100 1

Not only all of this. Why play with VPN? It adds unnecessary hops and packet loss to your connection. Your hits will be off and you won't play nearly as good. There is NO BENEFIT in playing with a VPN on any online game, other than malicious reasons. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, RockET said:

Not only all of this. Why play with VPN? It adds unnecessary hops and packet loss to your connection. Your hits will be off and you won't play nearly as good. There is NO BENEFIT in playing with a VPN on any online game, other than malicious reasons. 

People think either everyone is like Facebook selling your information which none of the gameservers can because IP value is worthless. Imagine, me going to google, hey, i got player playing from this IP. What would you give me.. Google asks can you show the adds to him? I am like nah, i can give more bullets one each spawn but that's about it. So Google, laughs and moves on LOL 

All this trouble makers, who want to change IP, to cause issues, wants to make things look like OMG you have MY IP and that is key to my home door... but in reality, 100% of them want to just cause issues. If it's work related proxy, anyone could ask nicely and we can whitelist it. But sadly so far their was only 1 player to do that and his proxy does resolve to business, so that proves his words. 

Rest, I just, ignore and move along. 

@The Machinist  - You are not banned. Just remove the proxy :)

The Machinist

• Like 5

• Platinum VIP

I gotta tell you, I agree with not using VPN's to game, but mostly because I would think the redirects would cause more lag but the way things are today, Identity theft is out of control. In 2017, over 17 BILLION dollars stolen in the US alone by identity theft. That's the budget of some countries. I've been thinking about about going incognito/anonymous myself via VPN, Virtualbox and Tor Browser for all my browsing. Things are getting scary out there. My junk Yahoo mail has shown up several times on Dark Web websites and my info was stolen when Equifax was hacked. Doing research, I've learned that large attacks that steal millions of people's info bank that info for 3-5 years because they know people will get Lifelock or something to protect themselves , but not many people keep it for more than a year. Luckily, my company provides Lifelock for a discounted rate. 

Identity theft is only going to get worse, not better as more and more people upload their info via their unsecured web browser to shop, pay bills, etc