ET Server Suggestion Move/shoot Through Teammates

Whitesell

I find Jay1/Beginners get very packed at time. A constant struggle that bugs me is not being able to shoot any enemy because a teammate is between you and them. This turns a lot of 1v2 and 1v3 situations into the 1 somehow destroying the bigger amount. Also not being able to move through teammates ruins your momentum when jumping with the objective or just jumping to get to a choke point faster. Being able to move through teammates would also prevent the blocking issue that sometimes happens. Overall I think it would be a general improvement. I’m not very intelligent on the inner mechanics of this so I’m not sure it is possible or plausible. I figured I post about it to hear everyone’s opinions. Thanks,

-Whitesell

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Unless you would also make it possible to hit two people with the same bullet (i.e. the idea goes both ways) I don't see this idea working. The nice thing about ET's current mechanics is that maps actually are playable with 32-50 ppl, if all 10 ppl camping in the Special Delivery control room would be able to hit you together the map would be unbearable for example.

Being able to clip through teammates seems really wonky to me, but maybe it turns out better than I would expect in practice. However what argument other people might bring is the unrealistic aspect of being able to walk through people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you think j3 gets packed, you should have seen it a few months ago when it really got packed :D

Hope it will pretend its a phoenix and rise back (although j3 now is not a ghost town atm)

Yea, blocking happens from time to time, and even though its frustrating, its hardly inevitable.

I remember that trickjump mod had the function that when you get close to someone, you no longer saw him. You could turn that off, but you could go through the player, as far as I remember. But there ppl didnt shoot each other, so I dont know about the bullet part

Situations when you are alone agains 3 can be fun. You just have to try to keep them in a line, so the ppl behind cant reach you. And when you are part of the mass, go to the side, or back until your time has come. Or jump to the front. ET is not a game about numbers, sometimes alone you can empty a room with 5 enemies and get the good m-m-monsterkill :D

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

ET is not a game about numbers, sometimes alone you can empty a room with 5 enemies and get the good m-m-monsterkill :D

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Not sure about that ...

I once was able to do it, but dunno where my good aiming skills went... 😞

Anyway that's part of the fun of Jay 1 IMO makes it a little harder which is good...

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses! Maybe I just need to git gud 😅

• Like 1