The time for ET 2

Aniky

I think that one of the biggest appeals about ET is the fact that it is not up to date with physics and graphics. Looking at all the updated game-play of ET makes me think of things like battlefield. 

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Shinobi said:

I think that one of the biggest appeals about ET is the fact that it is not up to date with physics and graphics. Looking at all the updated game-play of ET makes me think of things like battlefield. 

I don’t see it quite that way. All I see are the original graphics updated where is those other games, the background scenery and the movement and the maps are just chaos and make no sense. These are still the same maps with the same movements and pathways, they just look more real

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I don’t see it quite that way. All I see are the original graphics updated where is those other games, the background scenery and the movement and the maps are just chaos and make no sense. These are still the same maps with the same movements and pathways, they just look more real

Yeah I do enjoy seeing the original maps updated but I guess in this case we will just have to analyze game play as it progresses. When it comes to the movements and pathways, I feel like it would be hard to replicate an older style of play because with the ability to make things more realistic comes the possible desire to want to update the movements and style etc. The play style of ET can be very dynamic and unrealistic (as can be newer games) but I would not want this idea of "upgrade" to end up leading to a change of Enemy Territory style overall. 

In some of the later videos it actually shows them changing something as small as aiming ability and body physics when firing the guns, those smaller changes may lead to a whole new aiming platform compared to the standard kickback of fire in ET now. Who knows, not knocking the idea of ET2, maybe I am just worried and don't want to expect too much you know?  

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

If anything, I might be OK with a hybrid aiming style that is more closely associated with point to shoot, like ET uses now but upgraded, yet, not to the point of more modern games. I don’t know what that style is called but I hate it. It’s why I never play newer games more, because I cannot get used to that style 

• Like 1

• Leader
56 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

If anything, I might be OK with a hybrid aiming style that is more closely associated with point to shoot, like ET uses now but upgraded, yet, not to the point of more modern games. I don’t know what that style is called but I hate it. It’s why I never play newer games more, because I cannot get used to that style 

Do you mean like this?  

Then, you have some hybrid forms of aim, like RFA, or “Rapid Flick Aiming”. This style can be considered the unholy bastard of Flicking and Tracking, being both the opposite of “Smooth” tracking, and Flicking’s tendancy to only be for a single shot.

RFA requires very rapid, very small flicks to stay on target, ususally at a rate of atleast 5 microflicks per second,

• Leader
1 minute ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I think my head just exploded

That is why I did not include this in the quote...

some professional players using this style (Like Nanohana of New York Excelsior) can manage upwards of 10-15 flicks per second when tracking a fast moving target

Probably meaning this player " https://liquipedia.net/overwatch/Fl0w3R

• Confused 1

Did you know that ET should be an extension of RTCW? except that they crashed into development, SplashDamage made it a free multiplayer game :) So ET is the 2nd Wolfenstein!

Then there is an enemy territory, Quake Wars, which is less successful than the first one! Never make an Enemy Territory as well as we have today, in my opinion !

"Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was originally intended to be a single and multi-player commercial expansion of Return to Castle Wolfenstein (RTCW). However, as a result of problems on the single player, the game comes out on April 30, 2003 only with a multiplayer version. It then becomes free and independent of RTCW."

Source : Wikipedia. 

My simple opinion on this is that sure, it might look better than ET, but I feel like it will be worse than ET. Unless they just use have everything same as ET. But even then I have my doubts.

Personally, I'd stick with ET, more fun, get nostalgia every now and then, can't see myself transitioning into a newer ET.

Edited by whoamI
  • 100 1

• 2 years later...