The time for ET 2

Aniky

• Leader
On 4/26/2019 at 12:18 AM, Xernicus said:

Unfortunately, I see some sweetfx shaders....)

Oh...

SweetFX is a mod built on the InjectSMAA shader injector, that allows you to apply a suite of post processing shader effects to your games.

• Platinum VIP
10 hours ago, Aniky said:

Just an update, as there has been a new teaser for the ET 2 game.

https://www.crossfire.nu/journals/156851/enemy-territory-2-supply-down-onto-the-gunplay

That is awesome!! 

13 hours ago, Aniky said:

Just an update, as there has been a new teaser for the ET 2 game.

https://www.crossfire.nu/journals/156851/enemy-territory-2-supply-down-onto-the-gunplay

Shame all the actual game play footage was actually ET though, all the "new" stuff is just stills and shows not a lot tbh other than nice looking graphics......I'm going to be skeptical until its at beta at least and even then i'll be skeptical till i've played it myself, ET is way more than just good looking scenery and models.

More like it and at least that shows the new models moving etc, must have heard me. lol

Afraid my skepticism will last till i actually play it though....i liked the look of quake wars till i played it and it felt wrong lol

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

More like it and at least that shows the new models moving etc, must have heard me. lol

Afraid my skepticism will last till i actually play it though....i liked the look of quake wars till i played it and it felt wrong lol

The idea behind is to make it as close and realistic to this ET as possible, thats why u see so many similiarities between the two, which will make core of the ET player base like it and play it, along side new wave of players testing it out.

26 minutes ago, Aniky said:

The idea behind is to make it as close and realistic to this ET as possible, thats why u see so many similiarities between the two, which will make core of the ET player base like it and play it, along side new wave of players testing it out.

I get what your saying but been here before and got my hopes crushed.

Said it before but for me personally ET has never been about eye candy, i really hope it is as close to the real thing "feel" wise, if that makes sense.

Time will tell i suppose but i do get the feeling that its likely going to be years before we get to play etc.

• Platinum VIP
On 5/22/2019 at 9:44 AM, Snuffs99 said:

Shame all the actual game play footage was actually ET though, all the "new" stuff is just stills and shows not a lot tbh other than nice looking graphics......I'm going to be skeptical until its at beta at least and even then i'll be skeptical till i've played it myself, ET is way more than just good looking scenery and models.

One step at a time

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
21 hours ago, Aniky said:

My concern is map sizes/download times and wondering how many maps will be ET Recycles and how many will be brand new

4 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

My concern is map sizes/download times and wondering how many maps will be ET Recycles and how many will be brand new

Considering majority of players have quite fast inet connections nowadays it shouldn't be such an issue and even at the end, probably maps wont exceed 50mbs i guess.

On 5/23/2019 at 1:41 AM, Snuffs99 said:

I get what your saying but been here before and got my hopes crushed.

Said it before but for me personally ET has never been about eye candy, i really hope it is as close to the real thing "feel" wise, if that makes sense.

Time will tell i suppose but i do get the feeling that its likely going to be years before we get to play etc.

Yeh, i know, it will be long path to get it even in beta work, but at least something is going on, working on movement is defenitely one of the main things that needs to stay as close to this ET as possible, will prolly be similiar to quake.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Aniky said:

Considering majority of players have quite fast inet connections nowadays it shouldn't be such an issue and even at the end, probably maps wont exceed 50mbs i guess.

Yeh, i know, it will be long path to get it even in beta work, but at least something is going on, working on movement is defenitely one of the main things that needs to stay as close to this ET as possible, will prolly be similiar to quake.

Well, that newest video was a big jump from the frag movie style of the other videos, not just seeing movement, but seeing that they're working diligently on this project 

• 2 months later...

The only good thing i see about ET2 is graphics. honestly i love the original ET but everyone wants better graphic now a days. my only hope is it feels the same at et now. kinda looks like counter strike or insurgency in a way right now  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1