Other Jay1 Ammo Bug

Whitesell

Question

Came across a bug when picking up a weapon you are already holding. Instead of gaining the ammo from it, the ammo is defaulted back to its original amount (not including the perk where you start with extra). Didn't test with any other weapons and it isn't a life changing bug; maybe it isn't a bug at all. Thought it was worth showing. Here is a demo showcasing it. 2019-03-30-180755-caen2.dm_842019-03-30-180837-caen2.jpg.850f6ea48e4942d3ca187322e531f9b8.jpg2019-03-30-180841-caen2.jpg.741ef292547b27f52ce3a4192eb7bbc6.jpg

Edited by Whitesell

14 answers to this question

I can confirm it from J3, same thing

You spawn with extra ammo (eg max ammo (max= what ammo packs can give you) in sniper rifle is 40, but you start after spawning with 150), you walk over a sniper rifle, you have 40 after that. Happens with all weapon where you spawn with more ammo than the maximum as my experience with it.

I just try to avoid taking up ammos if Im over the limit 😛

• 100 1

• Administrators
On 3/31/2019 at 8:04 AM, -=HipKat=- said:

I've had that happen a few times, too. Not sure what causes it, and it's not every time

Does it happen with certain class or weapons? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

Does it happen with certain class or weapons? 

happens when you walk over the same kind of weapon so iit gets replenished.  if you have  above the normal amount of ammo capacity it will trigger the bug making you lose the extra ammo. Happens with pshh, mp50 and thompson as fasr as I know.

Edited by MosesIsComingLookBusy
  • 100 1

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, MosesIsComingLookBusy said:

bug making you lose the extra ammo

Does it loose extra ammo or it picks up weapon ammo? 

Is there anyway to fix it you think? Maybe just have to deal with it?

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, MosesIsComingLookBusy said:

When you spawn you spawn with 150 and walk over the same weapon your ammo goes down to 120

You mean 20? That’s what happens to me is that I lose all the extra magazines. And like I said it’s not often or always, just every once in a while and now that I think about it I think it’s on supply that I noticed that the most

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, MosesIsComingLookBusy said:

on jay 1 on every map for me at least. It goes down from150 to 120.

Game only gives 120 max. 150 is additional we give on spawn so we can remove ammo packs on death of field ops to save entities. Will see if we can enhance it but if its too much additional code work, just going to keep it as is.

• Like 1

I figured it was just too difficult to code so I never brought it up. Max is changed at spawn but game has max limits. You probably couldn't change limits without changing the new max to the spawned max amount.

• Platinum VIP

Well my issue is a different bug then, but happens the same way. Spawn with full ammo, run over a same weapon and ammo drops to 20

On 4/1/2019 at 1:29 PM, daredevil said:

Does it loose extra ammo or it picks up weapon ammo? 

it's happen to me with just about all the weapon and it's when i run over them that it resets the ammo back to normal as in when you first spawn on servers like  hc and sil1