Nvidia DSR

Snuffs99

Anyone using it, i buggered my config up by messing with it (i know, lf it aint broke dont fix it, but i tried and fooked it more).

Anyways, i've fixed my config and use a resolution on 1280x1024 while playing ET but while fiddling with gfx card settings i came across this DSR setting in my control panel and decided to turn it on.

What is DSR?

DSR
Dynamic Super Resolution renders a game at a higher, more detailed resolution and intelligently shrinks the result back down to the resolution of your monitor, giving you 4K-quality graphics on an HD screen.

Wow is all i can say tbh, the image is super dooper crisp in ET now compared to what it was, its so sharp i can see so much better and is like having the HD pack for ET but without having the HD pack if that makes sense.....plus i can still hit a stable 250fps (assume its the server cap?) with no probs.

Worth a try for anyone playing ET, for me personally i've gone from feeling i need to go spec savers to not..i can see so much better in game now. :D

I've got mine set @ 2x (native resolution) and smoothness 0%.

Let me know if you use it and what you think, like i say for me its like going from standard def to HD+

• Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP

When you set your FPS to 250, don't you see a lot of connection errors from players with higher pings? I had that problem so set it back to 166 for a long time, then back to 125 a few months ago and it fixed that issue

12 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

When you set your FPS to 250, don't you see a lot of connection errors from players with higher pings? I had that problem so set it back to 166 for a long time, then back to 125 a few months ago and it fixed that issue

As it happens yes i did see connection errors from time to time while speccing others and tbh mine is usually capped to 125. However as i was "fixing" my config i set maxfps to 333 but assumed the server is capped to 250?

I've fixed my config now (i hope) and its once again capped @ 125 and will stay there.

P.S  i must add that although i saw connection timeouts while speccing with 250 fps i had no issues or connection losses while playing with that fps. Also most wont have noticed but i have fps set to 125 as you can actually jump slightly higher and further than you can with say 90, try it, you can jump on boxes easier with 125 than you can with 90.....bit like 71 gives less recoil for pistol etc.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

As it happens yes i did see connection errors from time to time while speccing others and tbh mine is usually capped to 125. However as i was "fixing" my config i set maxfps to 333 but assumed the server is capped to 250?

I've fixed my config now (i hope) and its once again capped @ 125 and will stay there.

P.S  i must add that although i saw connection timeouts while speccing with 250 fps i had no issues or connection losses while playing with that fps. Also most wont have noticed but i have fps set to 125 as you can actually jump slightly higher and further than you can with say 90, try it, you can jump on boxes easier with 125 than you can with 90.....bit like 71 gives less recoil for pistol etc.

I had the exact same experience. It was only speccing others that I saw the connection errors

• Like 2