ET Server Suggestion NQ1 bots

Siwex89

Hello,

I think that bots on nq1 are bit too strong, I've seen some newb's ending map with 40 deaths and like 5 kills 😕 and that's not very motivating to come back and play again.

It feels like they are set to max 6 and it would be nice to go lower so that less experienced players could also enjoy the game. 

This is not only me noticing it, many other players have said that in game.

And also is there a chance to give admins !specbots cmd (i'vs seen this on other Nq servers), so that we could enjoy fights 3vs3-6vs6 late at night (fact that bots would be sitting in spec will keep server high on server list) :) 

Edited by Siwex89
  • Like 3

I've noticed this too. Sometimes the bots are fine, while at other times bots group together and there is no chance to have a decent fight.

Another point on the bots, in some maps they are clearly broken and get 'stuck' at certain points.

• Like 1

@Masa_1964 

Yes, nowadays regulars stopped talking about this and moved on.

But I'm worrying about new players who come to play and got destroyed by bots.

IMO cuz of this problem even in prime hours server is mostly filled with bots.
old very experienced players have some troubles too : 

shot0001.thumb.jpg.e92b070a29f682512ba579dc8fe321ae.jpg

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Siwex89 said:

Yes, nowadays regulars stopped talking about this and moved on.

Lowered 1 stop more. Basically back to original one. let me know how it goes. 

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes bot get a little bit annoying, and i think it can be a good resource for new players to gather EXP and levels on their clases in short time (I need 5 days to get back my Max Level on every class).

I find kind of strange when actually new players of ET come to the servers, i almost asume that everyone playing right now are above 20 yo and played during the "boom" on 2007 to 2009 (I played during 2009 and 2010 on F|A NQ1 before i move out to CoD4 and now i get back because i missed the game)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

One thing that is most frustrating is the fact that there's no bot medics during the hours when there's little to no players online, it makes it difficult for players to defend/steal/destroy/repair the objective when there's no AI medics to revive you.