Gameday on Hardcore server

jdiawthos

Any reason why you want the gameday on that specific server? It's been told already that it's hardly possible because of complaining regulars. Perhaps we could make a gameday on a server with similar settings someday?

I meant to say - HC has many regulars that enjoy playing their regular ET daily (it's full everyday at some hours) and making a gameday there wouldn't make them happy...

• Like 1

• Leader
On 2/18/2019 at 6:36 PM, jdiawthos said:

Yay we demand this, thanks. 😅

We could flip the idea around and have FF-on on another GameDay server B U T then T H O S E regulars would not like it!  :mad:

What you guys suggest..  we all be doing on game day if it ever happens on hc. Shoot ideas . 

P.S. : There is no game day without  over spamming of vsays. Surprise ****fka  . 

5 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

It's a 1 time event, a game day. Maybe people should just chill and deal with it

But the point of the gameday is to either increase activity on the server because its dying (HC isn't) or to have fun (HC regulars wont). The people that play there are mostly ETpro based players and im pretty sure they aren't interested in panzerwars or crazy gravity. If they were, I would've seen them on our other gamedays. Im sure we had one on beginners2 at one point which is silent mod. I just dont think that traditional gamedays we hold would be suitable for HC. If there are any other ideas though, im sure they'd be considered but just because you can do it, doesnt mean you should do it.

• Platinum VIP
8 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

It's a 1 time event, a game day. Maybe people should just chill and deal with it

Would you like a game day on hc? Wondering what the reasoning might be.

42 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

You seem to have no idea how it is to run and maintain game servers in a dying game :) Every active regular counts nowadays. You can't just tell people - now we're gonna have a gameday, right here, on an only server with FF and competition-like settings, it's gonna be fun and we don't care if you've been having better fun already, if you don't wanna join - just don't play, but you have no where to go :) +1 Cheep..

• Platinum VIP
48 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

But the point of the gameday is to either increase activity on the server because its dying (HC isn't) or to have fun (HC regulars wont). 

Or how about bringing people to HC that don't normally play there? That don't know the server is set up? To introduce them to HC? It's ONE DAY! Not even a FULL day. 

And if the people who play there are mostly ETPro, this is a question I've had for a few days, why don't they play on the ETPro servers?

Edited by -=HipKat=-

1 minute ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Or how about bringing people to HC that don't normally play there? That don't know the server is set up? To introduce them to HC?

And if the people who play there are mostly ETPro, this is a question I've had for a few days, why don't they play on the ETPro servers?

ETpro is mostly dead and you need to organise matches beforehand to get anywhere which requires too much effort for some. Many just come home from work or wish to have a quick game in the morning without having to worry about whether certain people are going to turn up or not. HC is the closest non-etpro etpro server that we have.

Bringing new people to HC is something we want of course but we also don't want to lose the current playerbase we have now. Most people you see on HC now have been around for a while and I'd be more inclined to keep them happy for sticking around for so long. People will naturally find HC by other means of advertising as it is pretty unique server out of all our other servers as well. You may say that how come it isn't an issue for the other servers we hold gamedays on. Well mostly because those servers are lacking in activity and we want to give it a little push, something Hardcore doesn't have a problem with since its full every single day. Also, the other servers we have gamedays on are a different kind of player that you wouldnt find enjoying Hardcore. Like i mentioned earlier, HC is pretty unique and attracts certain players. 

I see you are starting to play on HC Hipkat, perhaps if you stayed a little longer you'd get a better understanding of what the players are like. Also, im just saying the traditional gamedays we have (panzerwars etc.) aren't suitable on hardcore, in my opinion. If you have other suggestions that we could look at to spice up a certain day of the year for HC, you're more then welcome to let us know for us to consider. ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Or how about bringing people to HC that don't normally play there? That don't know the server is set up? To introduce them to HC?

What for actually? HC is on of the most popular servers not only in FA but in whole ET. As I said, it's usually full at certain hours. I'm sure vast majority of FA members knows of this server and it's popularity. And FA members are those who join gamedays most often, so I can't see the point in introducing HC to them again. 

9 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Good question! There are many reasons that are certainly off-top now, but I might post some:

- they prefer silEnT mod settings, hitboxes or other features that don't come with etpro,

- they'd rather play there because the skill level is still a bit smaller than on some etpro public servers,

- they are playing on ETL - can't join etpro

- there is no etpro public server that provides similar gaming experience, such atmosphere, objective based gameplay etc

Yep play a bit more and you will understand what's going on here:)