Jay1(recruiting) vs. Jay2 accuracy

RockET

2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

is there dren on jay1.sorry cant remember?

so i need to review a demo from jay1 along time ago sorry cant remember exact and i dl put in my jaymod demo folder and got error diff version so i looked jay2 was like 2.1.7 or something and jay1 was 2.2.0 i had to dl jaymod 2.2.0 folder to desk top to view demo and then place it in my et.so i know at one point they where not same mod version.

when im on rocket we will go test this stuff out .k we have similar ping and similar cfg.

Sounds good to me. Also still seems to be map specific. It's almost like it doesn't load on the correct video/crosshair settings. Been an issue the last time I played too. If they are on different mod versions that could be the issue!  And no adrenaline on Jay1, and poison knives on. 

• Like 1

And the case with the damage. I noticed yesterday that rifle made direct hit took me down to 10hp on Jay1. On jay2, I would've only had about 2/3 go gone. And leave me with around. 60hp. So I know the damage is different. But I like that about Jay1. Even if the Arty it's about asf. 

The biggest complaint I have is the people who just constantly panzer selfkill. I know the is a setting on jaymod that if you suicide while getting shot the other person still gets the kill. That would be nice. Especially when you shoot someone to their death. Technically you caused it and should be your kill. Lol

• Like 1

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, PXRockET said:

I noticed yesterday that rifle made direct hit took me down to 10hp on Jay1. On jay2, I would've only had about 2/3 go gone. And leave me with around. 60hp. So I know the damage is different.

Do you have valid jaymod cvar for that one? To change damage of rifle names? Just asking because I haven't checked jaymod cvar in long long time as their is no change in server settings since last 6-7 years or even more. 

So whats the discussion now? About accuracy or damage from heavy weapons?

Main reason for accuracy drop is fps difference in the servers. Jay1 is heavy populated and doesnt have bots by than. All those people together on one map is just lagyy, fps goes down and so on. That gives a accuracy drop. Jay2 has less players and almost always bots, which means it will be more stable.

last time i checked i did 50-55% on Jay2 and 43-50% at jay1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krepox said:

So whats the discussion now? About accuracy or damage from heavy weapons?

Main reason for accuracy drop is fps difference in the servers. Jay1 is heavy populated and doesnt have bots by than. All those people together on one map is just lagyy, fps goes down and so on. That gives a accuracy drop. Jay2 has less players and almost always bots, which means it will be more stable.

last time i checked i did 50-55% on Jay2 and 43-50% at jay1.

I guess just the general differences of the servers. That's the thing. It's not LAG, unless it's latency lag. But then again Jay 1 could be 10vs10 and jay2 be 10vs10 and Jay1 still have accuracy issues randomly. I play late sometimes and still have the same issue. Last night was 5vs5 human and I got 32% one map. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daredevil said:

Do you have valid jaymod cvar for that one? To change damage of rifle names? Just asking because I haven't checked jaymod cvar in long long time as their is no change in server settings since last 6-7 years or even more. 

My apologies. I think I'm thinking of NQ mod with the panzer meds. Other than that I have searched the cvars too and can't find anything related to splash, or damage or flak jacket. But it has to be possible because the !PANZERWAR command changes damage. So it's in there somewhere. Could it just be in the main server cvar and not mod settings?  Sorry I've never ran a server just been an admin so only know enough to be dangerous. 

Like, nade on j2 wont kill you if your health is full, whereas on j1 it definitely will.

Panzer unless it's headshot,  wont kill you on j2 whereas on j1 if it hits even close to you, it will kill you.

At least, thats my experience.

• Like 1
  • 100 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, audrey said:

Like, nade on j2 wont kill you if your health is full, whereas on j1 it definitely will.

Try now one more time :)

Just played and there's a huge difference now. Was in middle of arty and didn't died. Threw a nade at 2 afk enemies who didn't died. Imo we should let it as it was, it's more fun and unskilled players can kill skilled players. Maybe reduce it on Jay2 cause it has adre and with adre it's hard to kill with heavy weapons.

• 100 1

1 hour ago, 13 FYY said:

Just played and there's a huge difference now. Was in middle of arty and didn't died. Threw a nade at 2 afk enemies who didn't died. Imo we should let it as it was, it's more fun and unskilled players can kill skilled players. Maybe reduce it on Jay2 cause it has adre and with adre it's hard to kill with heavy weapons.

Was it changed? I don't think anyone ever changed anything

• Administrators
1 hour ago, 13 FYY said:

So you are saying now on jay1 - it's hard to kill with heavy weapons? Like jay2? Little confused.

• Like 1

It did feel that way I was point blank panzering and not killing on jay1 multiple times and just ended up putting the panzer away after a bit.  It felt different along with it not gibbing when it did kill after putting a round or two into em.  Not sure if it stayed that way after a bit didn’t try again later.

Edited by Cit0

Last time i was playing on jay2 i noticed that shooting with mp40 or thompson body shot made less damage than on jay1. I dont know how adrenalin works do you take less damage when you use it or what?

• Platinum VIP
5 minutes ago, Bunnny said:

Last time i was playing on jay2 i noticed that shooting with mp40 or thompson body shot made less damage than on jay1. I dont know how adrenalin works do you take less damage when you use it or what?

That's correct. On adrenaline you take 50% less damage from body shots and AoE. Only headshots still deal 100% of their original damage output

• Like 3