Jay1(recruiting) vs. Jay2 accuracy

RockET

I would like to see if anyone knows why on Jay1 I get no reg when trying to shoot. I can be right in front of them and both of us standing still and my shots appear to go through them or hit very sporadically. Almost like my shots come out the side of my gun, or late.

I play on Jay2 and everything hits fine. I get about 46% acc. On Jay1 I rarely break 37%. I know jay 2 has more bots, but even with a full server and no bots I shoot 46%. Join jay1 and can't hit anything. 

I have tried multiple things. Changing crosshair, changing sensitivity, vid_restart, and even timenudge. I can't figure it out. Obviously I want to shoot as good on Jay1 as I do on Jay2.

Thank you for any and all help.

• Like 3

I know where ur comming from Rocket, I have the same probl3m, I get mid to high 40's somes in the 50+ acc on jay2 but hit 38 avg on jay1. I have 166fps. I always just put it down to lag as jay2 server closer than 1 but yeah would be nice to figure this 1 out :)

Alright i think what they are trying to say jay2 without bots just people i can shoot 37-50 acc but jay1 my acc stays at 29-32 acc i think they maybe asking if hit boxes are different? i have a i5 processor 8gb ram an 2gb video ram i get 125fps stable both jay1-jay2

I have always had this problem, but only at certain times of the day, and only when specific players enter the server

even in these moments, my acc falls even to 19%
ping is always the same, my fixed fps at 76
good lagometer

yet the blows do not come in, even if the people are still and come from behind in silence

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, PXRockET said:

I would like to see if anyone knows why on Jay1 I get no reg when trying to shoot. I can be right in front of them and both of us standing still and my shots appear to go through them or hit very sporadically. Almost like my shots come out the side of my gun, or late.

I play on Jay2 and everything hits fine. I get about 46% acc. On Jay1 I rarely break 37%. I know jay 2 has more bots, but even with a full server and no bots I shoot 46%. Join jay1 and can't hit anything. 

I have tried multiple things. Changing crosshair, changing sensitivity, vid_restart, and even timenudge. I can't figure it out. Obviously I want to shoot as good on Jay1 as I do on Jay2.

Thank you for any and all help.

I have the exact same issue. Always have. And my FPS is always steady 125. I go to Jay 2 and I'm completely different player

7 hours ago, WarPeD said:

I know where ur comming from Rocket, I have the same probl3m, I get mid to high 40's somes in the 50+ acc on jay2 but hit 38 avg on jay1. I have 166fps. I always just put it down to lag as jay2 server closer than 1 but yeah would be nice to figure this 1 out :)

I changed my CFG FPS to 125, because I had it at 150 and got 166 FPS perfect on both servers, but high pingers were always warping so I dropped down to 125 on both servers

Edited by -=HipKat=-

this is what i mean when people ask me to to come play on jay1 .. hell no..

somethings funky there.

i have my pc set to 150 . which  is 166fps 

but i shoot an nothing.point blank nothing. i dont get it.. so i just stay on jay2. iknow theres no way in hell jay1 an jay2 are ex actually the same.somethings funky.arent they two diff versions of jaymod? i did have to dl something when i went to jay1 .. my jay2 mod didnt work on jay 1 couldnt watch demos of jay1 till i dl this.

Edited by captnconcrete

• Platinum VIP
15 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

this is what i mean when people ask me to to come play on jay1 .. hell no..

somethings funky there.

i have my pc set to 150 . which  is 166fps 

but i shoot an nothing.point blank nothing. i dont get it.. so i just stay on jay2. iknow theres no way in hell jay1 an jay2 are ex actually the same.somethings funky.arent they two diff versions of jaymod? i did have to dl something when i went to jay1 .. my jay2 mod didnt work on jay 1 couldnt watch demos of jay1 till i dl this.

Funny you say that. I can't watch the Demo Rocket did from Jay 2. I get some download error

• Platinum VIP
10 hours ago, daredevil said:

hitboxes are same and server settings are same. I will check once more though.

Isn't or wasn't damage for heavy weapons less on Jay 2? Like panzer, 'nades' etc?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Isn't or wasn't damage for heavy weapons less on Jay 2? Like panzer, 'nades' etc?

in Jaymod their is no such setting. I dunno where you guys get information like that :(

Yes I would like to change panzer settings.. but their is no such features, AFAIK

• Like 1

I also always struggled with Jay1 but it's because of latency and FPS differences, not server settings. Base settings are the same on both as DD mentioned. 

I used to have a setting toggle for Jay1 vs Jay2&3 which would change FPS and maxpackets (and possible rate as well?) but that was years ago I don't have it any more as I don't play jaymod much, so you'd need to see what settings suit you and create a vstr toggle in your config. 

Edited by Chuckun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, daredevil said:

in Jaymod their is no such setting. I dunno where you guys get information like that :(

Yes I would like to change panzer settings.. but their is no such features, AFAIK

https://forums.splashdamage.com/t/jaymod-weapon-disabling-problems/148144

seems u can able or disable but u cant. change spread also seems some one made a file to modify weapons spread damage in jaymod.. jaymod doesnt suport lua!

i also read that in 2.2.0 jaymod panzer damage was reduced too 33% not trying to argue just interesting.

smoothclient this caught my eye to?

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1