ET jay1 - Server

daredevil

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Lenovo said:

currently 05.00 am Italian time, many lag and nohit

5:00 AM Monday, in Italy is 11:00 PM Sunday, Eastern Time (ET)

We didn't notice any single LAG at 11 PM EST. I was On today. So was @n3g4n, @Cit0 , @Wolf, @tipsy

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Lenovo said:

maybe you have to restart the server

server restart have nothing to do with that 30 sec crazy lag. Linux servers can run just fine for 600 days without any restart. If code is stable and their is no memory leaks, application should run fine. 

11:33:50 PM:> !uptime
---------------------
uptime: 10 hours, 35 minutes, 23 seconds.

More or less - server is just under 10 hrs uptime. 

this problem, I happen every day on jay3 from 06.00 pm Italian time, at 10.00 pm Italian time, impossible to hit anyone, in fact I never play at that time even if I would like, because in those hours the server is full, and there I'm all the players I know, but I'm unable to play, I do not think my Italian line is so bad as to get this result, it's definitely the server

and anyway I noticed that it always happens when specific people enter, probably these people with high and non-stable pings, maybe they play with many open downloads, they cause lag to other players, the server turns bad, then when they leave, everything comes back working , and I guarantee you that I'm not crazy, it's something I've known for 2 years since I play on your servers

should also understand, if the machine used for the server, is free, or works with other servers maybe other games, it is what other internet traffic uses the server line for other things, because it is not the same 24 hours a day the efficiency and the fluidity of the server

I'll give you the last example, until a few months ago, my ping on jay3 was fixed at 45-50, now it's still at 60-68, and the accuracy has worsened a lot
  and doing the tracert, the routing to the server changed, so something changed them, or my ISP?
it also happened with jay1, with the only difference that by changing the route, I got some improvements

sv_maxping 0, it does not seem to me that helps

maybe sv_maxping 400 makes things better

it's just an opinion, please do not start attacking me like you always do

by Lenovo the black sheep

• Administrators
Just now, Lenovo said:

sv_maxping 0, it does not seem to me that helps

maybe sv_maxping 400 makes things better

it's just an opinion, please do not start attacking me like you always do

by Lenovo the black sheep

.... sv_  variables are for server... how it helps u is beyond me.  This topic is about Jay1 30/60 sec lag which makes everyone freeze. God, man, I dunno what you want from us. 

• Like 1

I know that sv_maxping is server-side, I'm just saying, that many people play, with an unstable ping, which fluctuates from low ping, and even up to 700, are those that create problems, sometimes it seems that some players, have some program that make others laggare, I'm not talking about the problem of the lag of 30-60 seconds that we all know, I'm talking about the speech started by PXRockET

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Lenovo said:

I'll give you the last example, until a few months ago, my ping on jay3 was fixed at 45-50, now it's still at 60-68, and the accuracy has worsened a lot
  and doing the tracert, the routing to the server changed, so something changed them, or my ISP?
it also happened with jay1, with the only difference that by changing the route, I got some improvements

This is NOT - few months ago!!! It's still 50 ms as per SL!

image.png

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Lenovo said:

I know that sv_maxping is server-side, I'm just saying, that many people play, with an unstable ping, which fluctuates from low ping, and even up to 700, are those that create problems, sometimes it seems that some players, have some program that make others laggare, I'm not talking about the problem of the lag of 30-60 seconds that we all know, I'm talking about the speech started by PXRockET

THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT FKING 30 / 60 SEC LAG - WHICH MAKES EVERYONE FREEZE!!!!!!  THIS IS NOT PXROCKET TOPIC!!!!!  I am working with gs.com to resolve that and you are spamming here for no valid reason.

• Like 1

rightly a good player notices it by looking at his acc, even I usually have an acc that varies from 36 to 40 on jay 1, that's when I have these problems, drastically drops to 19% or 11% despite I played an excellent game I do not think I'm so incapable

• Administrators

Follow up with everyone - 

Any of you guys notice lag at any time before or after 11 PM EST? 11 PM EST doesn't happen at all so looking for some feedback. Any time you guys notice 30-60 sec freezing lag - for ALL Players - please post here ASAP! 11 PM EST is gone. I monitored it since last 1 week and so far all good. 

• Like 4