ET Server ETPRO Servers are active back again

daredevil

Great news! It's good that FA also started supporting ETPro community. This will help both sides to stay popular and safer in the future.

The interview on Crossfire is also great stuff. I really appreciate what you do for ET, even after all this time. Thank you @daredevil!

https://www.crossfire.nu/articles/1006/fahellreturn

• Like 6
  • 100 1

Also if you want, you can read a nice interview of DD here

nice work and content guys!

@kajto3 e: just saw ur comment sry! u was first :P

DD the master saving ET

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, kajto3 said:

I really appreciate what you do for ET, even after all this time. Thank you @daredevil!

https://www.crossfire.nu/articles/1006/fahellreturn

I am doing my part but I am not the only one. Their is one more person who have stayed hidden for all this years for his work. I don’t have his permission to say his name but he deserves much much bigger credit then I do. It’s always team work but his contribution is much higher and I have no problem saying it. 

• Like 4
  • 100 1

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Aaaargh said:

May i say: what an idea! Just finished 2h on the server, needs some finetuning though, but it feels like the good old days again!

please suggest changes and i will gladly change it up if possible + if they are valid suggestions. 

• 100 1

I don't care that it's etpro, I care that it's stopwatch with at least med skill players.

ETPro is a real problem as I can't play it on ET: Legacy. I recommend switching it to legacy mod, or maybe switch it to silent mod to mimic hardcore. For anyone attached to etpro, could you list the reasons why you prefer it over legacy mod? That would help mod makers going forward.

Aside: How is public demand being measured? Regardless, I think there is always a place for public objective servers for casual players who come and go. However, don't people want matches where the teams are pre-determined? How much interest is there in a matchmaking mod, kind of like how modern games are done?

Efol, there is group of players playing scrims on Legacy mod - would you consider joining us? Drop me a pm

Of course, legacy scrims organised by FA would be a great thing to play... But it's still very little popular and in testing phase, needs many fixes. Would be hard to get FA members/regulars to play since FA doesn't even have legacy servers. I'd recommend trying with ETPro for now, see how it works out.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, efool said:

I don't care that it's etpro, I care that it's stopwatch with at least med skill players.

We used to have another public stop watch server. It will coming back to life as well.  Also we used to have public stopwatch silent mod server pretty much striped down to ETPRO style from weapons, teams, etc etc. Game play was almost same. Even then people complained for it and said not a ETPRO.  :( 

6 hours ago, efool said:

ETPro is a real problem as I can't play it on ET: Legacy.

So you played from ET.exe for 10 years or more and suddenly stock ET is the problem? I don't get it but I guess each on it's own. I respect your opinion but somehow it doesn't fit in my logic. I still get 125 FPS from my 5 year old laptop without any hassle. So for me stock ET works just fine. It would be hassle when IPV4 goes off completely but so far that hasn't happen. 

4 hours ago, kajto3 said:

Would be hard to get FA members/regulars to play since FA doesn't even have legacy servers.

Their would be few - we are already discussing for it :) One of it is  I am testing around. It will happen once 2.77 is released because I don't want to promo any legacy stuff because of the reasons mentioned here. It just causes headache for our players but as you know - on some of our servers you can already play from ETL. Just trying to strike the balance so far. 

https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/98250-etlegacy-who-plays-from-etlegacy/?do=findComment&comment=846861

Once the fix is released, we will be converting Fun #1 and adding few more legacy based servers. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, daredevil said:

So you played from ET.exe for 10 years or more and suddenly stock ET is the problem? I don't get it but I guess each on it's own. I respect your opinion but somehow it doesn't fit in my logic. I still get 125 FPS from my 5 year old laptop without any hassle. So for me stock ET works just fine. It would be hassle when IPV4 goes off completely but so far that hasn't happen. 

Things that annoy me from original that are fixed in legacy:

• ALT+tab out of ET without some special program.
    • Gamma is not changed after ALT+tab.
  • Fullscreen windowed (borderless).
  • On linux not all of the mouse buttons are recognized (mouse4, mouse5, etc).
  • Better performance. Admittedly there are no problems with the typical maps, but try out original with your new version of bremen (I think Smiley made it) and tell me what you get. With ET:L I keep stable 125, with original it fluctuates.

These aren't deal breakers, and original is certainly playable. But I think that there is value in the ET:L project and would prefer to use it, given the choice. I think that's logical. But obviously beggars can't be choosers, so I'm just happy that there's any objective server at all.

4 hours ago, daredevil said:

Once the fix is released, we will be converting Fun #1 and adding few more legacy based servers.

Good enough for me. More traffic on legacy means more fixes. I do wonder if there will be an increase in cheaters though, due to it being open source.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, efool said:

I do wonder if there will be an increase in cheaters though, due to it being open source.

Yes - once it becomes popular like old ET. I believe open source had never anything to do with cheating scene. It's always demand and supply logic or that's what I have always seen. Once the demand of ETL increases - either open or closed source, their will be demand of cheats and cheat coders will come back from long sleep to make money out of it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kajto3 said:

Efol, there is group of players playing scrims on Legacy mod - would you consider joining us? Drop me a pm

Of course, legacy scrims organised by FA would be a great thing to play... But it's still very little popular and in testing phase, needs many fixes. Would be hard to get FA members/regulars to play since FA doesn't even have legacy servers. I'd recommend trying with ETPro for now, see how it works out.

If you need a new player in ETpro, just send me a pm, i would like to relive my old time of scrimer 😋

• Like 4

nice interview .. nice job aniky.. 

great too read  ..thank u daredevil for ur time!

i looked to my right after interview ..

maus lost to maxtor.. wow.!!!!theres a new kid on the block!