ET Server Suggestion Anti Spawnkill rule

Rachel Gardner

It sounds more like you had a team balance issue maybe?

SK rules are just way too hard to enforce without constant debate about what is SK and isnt. My 2p worth.

• Like 3

I just think that will complicate the rules that have been in place for along time, it will also put alot more pressure on admins to implement it and monitor every player that's spawn killing Just my thoughts .

Edited by HOTSPUR

On 2/3/2019 at 11:24 PM, -=HipKat=- said:

On some maps, that 4 seconds doesn't help when the spawn exit is being slammed with mortar, for example. Axis on Gold Rush is a perfect example.. Spawn kill on there is so bad, I refuse to play axis on that map anymore

But axis can go 3 Ways on that map

• Platinum VIP
Just now, HOTSPUR said:

But axis can go 3 Ways on that map

True but normally mortar is targeting just outside the main exit or right inside Spawn, or if two mortars are working together, both at the same time. Most of the time everybody is pushing to get out the main exit so the spawn shield wears off quickly. And then there are always allies up on the ledges.  Only one at a time can go through the door so the best way is out the back way. 

All I know is that I played only axis for years until I finally decided I’m done with that Spawn killing frustration. The only other position I never want to play again is Allies on seawall battery. Lol

1 minute ago, -=HipKat=- said:

True but normally mortar is targeting just outside the main exit or right inside Spawn, or if two mortars are working together, both at the same time. Most of the time everybody is pushing to get out the main exit so the spawn shield wears off quickly. And then there are always allies up on the ledges.  Only one at a time can go through the door so the best way is out the back way. 

All I know is that I played only axis for years until I finally decided I’m done with that Spawn killing frustration. The only other position I never want to play again is Allies on seawall battery. Lol

I just thinking of you hip, if you're getting spawn killed from main route out take the route behind the bank and work around ☺ can u have 2 mortars on one team? 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, HOTSPUR said:

I just thinking of you hip, if you're getting spawn killed from main route out take the route behind the bank and work around ☺ can u have 2 mortars on one team? 

That’s the best way out, for sure. J1 has two mortars, And when the Map is full, those mortars do a lot a lot of damage

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

That’s the best way out, for sure. J1 has two mortars, And when the Map is full, those mortars do a lot a lot of damage

I think it's only 1 last time i checked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
43 minutes ago, daredevil said:

I think it's only 1 last time i checked. 

I think it’s been 2 for awhile

there's only one mortar on Jay1,  imo if your idle or spend too much time in spawn u deserve to be killed please remember its a game its for fun not serious(unless u rate lol) we all mostly play objective and have a laugh with each other if your not happy about it you know the other servers FA provide so please stop asking requests for sk protection and adjustments and changes to the servers etc to please your own game ty:kis:

Edited by DrSpreadem
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Surprise 1

Mortars are usually firing from their own spawn, so if you want sk protection, how do you want to kill them?  Sk protection is just silly.. Like Hotspur said, you have different ways to go or just be quicker exiting the spawn.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, DrSpreadem said:

there's only one mortar on Jay1,  imo if your idle or spend too much time in spawn u deserve to be killed please remember its a game its for fun not serious(unless u rate lol) we all mostly play objective and have a laugh with each other if your not happy about it you know the other servers FA provide so please stop asking requests for sk protection and adjustments and changes to the servers etc to please your own game ty:kis:

Whatsa matter? Your ol’ lady been holding out?

• Haha 3

this is a hard one to chat on.. 

as a admin it is or duty to keep game play as fair as we can..( i am generally concerned when ur not haveing fun on our servers)

this is something all of us admins have discussed till we blue in face ..i think our solutions are already  correctly  handled..

its im possible to please all, all the time..people who choke spawn points become my top priority to kill .and rekill ..i might even find them in there spawn and kill and teabag em .lolin a friendly way ofcourse.lol

im not a big fan of double jump  adren an carrier medics..  or people who just play for kills.to say they good...  and i cant stand  ff off .my advice i guess  rachel is maybe try one of our many other fun servers.. there are diff style of game play on each one.jay2 i like best.. its a really laid back server with some great  people ..maybe its worth a admin meeting ..to discuss other options maybe not..thank u for your imput.. i my self will def be observing this more ..

• Like 1

Getting  out of spawn  without getting killed by moratr or arty isnt that hard normally.You can "time" the impact from enemie fire pretty good. Against a panza or an enemie flamer ,ok thats hard i understand.

I think the problem with getting out of spawn very fast and have an advantage  from the 4 sec spawnshield,is that on most of the servers the bots block the exits to much,You can press f like hell ,but they block it even more because they almost pile up at the doorway :) or just stop in the doorway. Thats when the 4sec spawnshield is gone before you can get out i think.

Building in an  antispawnkill rule ? personally i think thats gonna be a hell of a job for the admins to see and check if some1 is really doing it and handle all the whining from people who get killed also near the  spawn and start yelling "...... is spawnkilling"    etc

Maybe  a rule like no arty on  special points in the map ,like no arty behind the blown wall at oasis.Not hard for admins to check and easy to put in the chat section as a commandline maybe.

p.s I know bots are on the servers to get people in offcourse ,but i also think they are a big problem when it comes to getting out of spawn as quick as you want and when you want.

ExC

• Platinum VIP

Most if not all scenario's where SK would become an issue can be deduced, I'll try to deduct the examples that are given in this topic here and there:

Last axis spawn Goldrush: Most SK happens at first arch. Yet a lot of people will still try to exit there. Second arch has artillery sometimes, especially on FF servers. Nontheless it is very easy to gain controll on third arch as axis can go around the back and often have complete controll over the bank. If you can wrap around third arch it becomes quite easy to clear the courtyard making second arch more accessible.

Last axis spawn Oasis: Regardless of whether you are talking bout top or bottom the house is always crowded with whoever controlls the area. If you want to gain back controll you'll have to wrap around the back or from the cave side. I have never seen it happen where allies had full controll over all of the possible exits for axis.

Arty on area behind the broken wall for allies Oasis: The area is too wide for the entire area to be dangerous, aside from that you can usually estimate the time between two bombs and enter the house. Not to mention that the area is right outside your spawn so you are barely getting held back.

Last axis spawn Braundorf: I can honestly not recall more than a handful of times allied mortar would position himself in such a way, let alone be a continious influence on the flow of the game. Braundorf is incredibly small tho, therefor the line between allies having full controll over the inside area and not being able to enter at all is very thin, tides can turn in literally two spawns. So what can we conclude from that? Maybe Braundorf gets balance issues after a certain amount of players and it should be played with fewer people, or maybe you will have to take the bad tides for granted and wait for the oppertunity to overpower the allies

The spawnprotection is already incredibly long in my opinion, especially on some maps you really notice it (f.e. on Special Delivery axis can be around the elevator before spawnprotection wears off). Especially if you look at the fact I cant even pour in a drink with how short the respawn times are. If you found an balance issue with a map you can always go to the suggestion subforum so people can take a look at it, I'm sure there will be some maps out there. In other cases SK issues are almost always caused by uneven teams or players stubbornly taking the same route over and over. Looking at how short respawntimes are getting we would be nearing a point where players would have spawn protection for an entire spawn 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1