ET Server Suggestion Anti Spawnkill rule

Rachel Gardner

In my opinion i think that a anti spawnkill rule maybe raise the fun and joy for the FA NQ.1 Server in ET. If you in the winning team you might enjoy it but if you're in the losing team and be surrounded by Engineer Grenade launchers in the one and flamethrower and bazooke at the otherside and find no way out to reach the objective it damage the fun in my opinion at all. So i thought that such a rule maybe could solve thing like that in future. I also like to hear some opinions of other players and admins to this.

• Administrators

Their is 4 sec spawn shield. How anti spawn kill rule will help in that case i.e. no enemy can kill you if you don't shoot bullet in first 4 sec after your spawn. That should give enough chances to go out of spawn? + 1 time sprint syringe - and you will be flying out of spawn. 

I am just tried to understand your suggestion. Thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP

On some maps, that 4 seconds doesn't help when the spawn exit is being slammed with mortar, for example. Axis on Gold Rush is a perfect example.. Spawn kill on there is so bad, I refuse to play axis on that map anymore

• Administrators
5 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

On some maps, that 4 seconds doesn't help when the spawn exit is being slammed with mortar, for example. Axis on Gold Rush is a perfect example.. Spawn kill on there is so bad, I refuse to play axis on that map anymore

Name of maps and spawn exit locations? 

• Like 1

i think what rachel is trying to say a spawnkill rule would be nice but shes been playing on nq1 for a few weeks now so not sure why its been brought up now but yes i like a spawnkill rule but at same time i have grown to play with out spawnkill rule so i think it should say as it is or at least put a no heavy weapons on spawn/spawnexit rule if u know what i mean 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, bigbro said:

i think what rachel is trying to say a spawnkill rule would be nice but shes been playing on nq1 for a few weeks now so not sure why its been brought up now but yes i like a spawnkill rule but at same time i have grown to play with out spawnkill rule so i think it should say as it is or at least put a no heavy weapons on spawn/spawnexit rule if u know what i mean 

I have played on servers - where no heavy weapon on spawn exit was the rule. 

God massive fights between players and admins cos no one would know everything about all maps. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

maybe raise spawn shield time on certain maps..  could alleviate the pain of a spawn rapin.

my personal opinion is either teams are way off. on skill ... for spawn rapin.. or there is no such thing as spawn killing.. when u spawn it is impossible to kill u for 3 to 5 sec..hence not possible to spawn kill. dieing around ur spawn  isnt spawn killing.. if u spawn and die instantly is only possible way to get spawn killed..an thats not possible.

ive seen some pretty dumbed up rules over this in previous yrs..

• Like 3

Don't set up an anti spawnkill rule, this is part of ET, it's an art to sweep entire enemy and send them to a long spawn time.

Servers here are one of the few I have saw without annoying no SK, no SK with Heavy Weapons, Arty, etc. messages.

Maybe raise spawn protection just slightly to 5 sec?

Should do the job. ;)

• Like 2
  • 100 1

With spawn shield i never really get spawn kill unless i m doing something else and stand there still... shield offer a decent protection time to get out of there and avoid been sk 

• Like 3
  • 100 1

I have never liked spawn kill even though you get a shield but got used to it but i can see Rachels point  as some players are better than others and they seem to be the ones that spawnkill which i think is not fair on players that are not as good or players with low xp maybe keep the rule but dont allow heavy weapons on spawn yes goldrush is a nightmare also oasis as people spam arty over the wall 

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Sabby123 said:

I have never liked spawn kill even though you get a shield but got used to it but i can see Rachels point  as some players are better than others and they seem to be the ones that spawnkill which i think is not fair on players that are not as good or players with low xp maybe keep the rule but dont allow heavy weapons on spawn yes goldrush is a nightmare also oasis as people spam arty over the wall 

Artillary wouldn't do anything in first 4 sec. Taking sprint syringe and running out of spawn takes just 3 secs max. If someone is blocking i just F push them and move forward. I hate door blockers. 

Problem is people don't learn how to play the game and then SK becomes the issue. This happens only in ET.  

For me - I spawn - take sprint syringe - push my SHIT key for sprint and I move out fast before i get take hit. People need to learn to play the game and not rely on upon rules to play better. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

i used to help  admin a server had rules apon rules .. alway some one debating a change and then bam whole  server died.

u cant spoon feed the masses .. u can only put the food out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For my kind, i don't mind get Spawnkilled at all. if i move out the spawn in Axis Gold rush (2.nd) or Oasis (axis 2.nd Spawn ) and get blasted by an Artillery after 4 seconds i can just take another route. the only thing that bother me is, for Example: You play in Axis and play on the Map "Braundorf" you can't go the route to the defend objective cause a flamethrower and a bazooke with medics await you behind the objective corridor corner, another route to the front entry... no chance 2 engineers with Grenade launchers near the stairs, you cant hit them but the launchers bounce still to you through ... another route... doesnt exist... match lost. Maybe i should explained in my first topic that i liked to have a Anti Spawnkill rule for special conditions: Condition.1: Spawnkill is allowed aslong the other team can escape after 4 seconds Condition.2: Spawnkill in the first Axis or the Second Allies Spawns are fine, if the Important Spawns (First Allies spawn / Last Axis Spawn) the Spawnkilled team should have atleast a fair chance to reach any route. How sounds my idea? Whats your opinion to that everyone?