Other Suggestion Map Voting HARDCORE

TRU BLOOD

The map voting is so repetitive that people are either leaving or going to spec. I get the voting for maps, but the same maps are over and over again. Is there a way, to limit how many times the same map can be played say within a 60 min. time limit. It would allow for a varity of other maps to be explored.

I believe there is a 7  map rotation limit. Meaning that once a map is played it will not shot up in the voting list until 7 other maps have been played.

I haven\t been on for some time, so I might be remembering wrong. At least there was a discussion about it.

There are a few topics in suggestions subsection you should check out.

5 hours ago, FlA TRU+BL@@D said:

Ill have to start counting because it seems like its the same maps repeatedly. Thx

I 100% agree with you, same maps over and over... would be a nice change if they maps are can be rotated more often (different ones)

You guys can always check out Silent #1 if HC becomes repetitive :)

Thing is, most of the HC players are old time players like me who have played every map 100000000 times and pick what we find are still the best ones.  And majority wins so the same maps are played often.  But that's only possible if the majority vote for it, so it's fair game really.  

When I okay Silent #1 I notice there are more selections made based on more varied maps being available, so it may be fun for you guys to try that server from time to time :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FlA TRU+BL@@D said:

I guess that they might of disabled that feature possibly. Sounds like it would work!

It works. It is an 8 map rotation system so 8 different maps at the minimum are played. If the same maps are played over and over, that means the players vote for the same maps over and over.

You certainly noted the remainder message we see 4 times  when it is the time to vote. That has been added recently so as many as possible vote.

Gengis

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 2/2/2019 at 4:58 PM, TRU BLOOD said:

Ill have to start counting because it seems like its the same maps repeatedly. Thx

If no one votes then small rotation kicks in for that map. Sorry for late reply. I just noticed, I missed this topic. 

Server - Anyone voting?

Players - Nah

Server - Ok, loading next map in line based on small rotation. 

Server has no idea which map to load for next map. So it first checks players votes. If not goes back to default rotation.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to see an actualization on the maps list. The are lots of maps that never are voted and could be replaced for more interesting choices.

• 100 1

When you play chess are you irritated that it's the same board every time?

I don't think I've seen the charter for the hardcore server explicitly stated anywhere. Who is the intended audience? If it's meant for more competitive players, then it ought to mostly play the standard competitive maps. In fact, a lot of maps don't get played because they have terrible choke points or other exploits on them. I rather like the current system where we occasionally play a new map to figure out its balance.