Windows Finally finished the gaming/streaming rig!

JaxonAshton

Recently 'finished' my gaming/streaming rig. I say it that way because as anyone who has ever built their own PC knows, you're never really finished (haha). Anyway, without further adieu, here are some shots of my current creation complete with specs.

Photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/rtl6wnX

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - FX-8350 4 GHz 8-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - M5A97 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: Patriot - Gamer 2 Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Storage: Inland - 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB GAMING Video Card

Case: Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Case Fan: Corsair - SP120 RGB High Performance 52 CFM 120mm Fan
Monitor: Dell - S2715H 27.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 LUX RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Corsair - VOID PRO RGB (Black) 7.1 Channel  Headset
UPS: APC - BR1500G UPS
Other: Corsair CSSD-BRKT2 Dual SSD Mounting Bracket
Other: Corsair Fan Controller Commander Pro (CL-9011110-WW)
Other: CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit
Other: MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad — Extended (CH-9000108-WW)
Other: TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC | Digital to Analog Converter
Other: Senneheiser HD 280 Pro
Other: Dell P2414H
Other: LG 8 x Ultra Slim External DVD Burner - Black
Other: CableMod ModFlex SATA 3 Cable 30cm – WHITE
Other: CableMod ModFlex SATA 3 Cable 30cm - WHITE
Other: CableMod ModFlex Audio Extension 30cm - White
Other: CableMod AIO Sleeving Kit Series 1 for Corsair® Hydro Gen 2 - White
Other: CableMod ModFlex 6-pin PCI-e Extension 45cm - White
Other: CableMod ModFlex 4-pin Fan Cable Extension 30cm - White
Other: CableMod Basic ModFlex™ Cable Extension Kit - Dual 6+2 Pin Series - WHITE

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-26 09:32 EST-0500

Edited by falc0n2k
edited photos link
  • 100 2

Pictures not working.

Not trying to upset you but that is an awful lot of money for an FX system mate (way too much IMHO). FX is quite old hat now so i'm very surprised you didn't go the Ryzen 2nd gen route seen as thats the newest AMD CPU etc, or at the least Ryzen 1st gen.

I've literally just upgraded from the same FX CPU over Xmas and sold my 6 year old Mobo, FX8350 CPU and 8GB corsair vengeance DDR3 1600 for £100....Replaced with AM4+ mobo, Ryzen 5 2600x and 16GB DDR4 3200 for just over £370 which would put your system to shame.

Also you really should always try to keep your memory all the same make and model mate so they all have the same timings etc, and ideally buy in pairs if its Dual channel etc other wise you will be hindered by teh slowest dimm.

As long as your happy though.

@Snuffs99 -- granted it's not ideal, but most of the parts were hand-me-downs from friends (like the mobo, RAM, etc). Completely understand what you mean with Ryzen and this will eventually be a streaming-only rig as I now plan on focusing on a gaming-only rig.

I removed the total price that was listed since it's not accurate, and also fixed the link in the original post so it should be working now. Thanks for letting me know.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, falc0n2k said:

@Snuffs99 -- granted it's not ideal, but most of the parts were hand-me-downs from friends (like the mobo, RAM, etc). Completely understand what you mean with Ryzen and this will eventually be a streaming-only rig as I now plan on focusing on a gaming-only rig.

I removed the total price that was listed since it's not accurate, and also fixed the link in the original post so it should be working now. Thanks for letting me know.

Well i'm glad the mobo cpu and mem were hand me downs mate and given they were free then your build certainly makes more sense and in the long run would be more than fine for streaming, also glad you removed that price as it made it look like they saw you coming sort of thing. :D

Pics look really nice though, i like that case and might well get something like that myself, my current case is quite old now (Gigabyte 3D aurora) so to look at its no where near as pleasing on the eye as yours is, i also like that newer cases like yours have the PSU at the bottom rather than the top so better for heat etc, i always said it was a stupid design having the PSU near the CPU so nice to see they finally had the same thoughts on it and changed the designs.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:24 PM, Snuffs99 said:

Well i'm glad the mobo cpu and mem were hand me downs mate and given they were free then your build certainly makes more sense and in the long run would be more than fine for streaming, also glad you removed that price as it made it look like they saw you coming sort of thing. :D

Pics look really nice though, i like that case and might well get something like that myself, my current case is quite old now (Gigabyte 3D aurora) so to look at its no where near as pleasing on the eye as yours is, i also like that newer cases like yours have the PSU at the bottom rather than the top so better for heat etc, i always said it was a stupid design having the PSU near the CPU so nice to see they finally had the same thoughts on it and changed the designs.

I wouldn't willingly build a new rig with a 7-year-old processor, but I will say that the performance I get out of the FX-8350 is stunning for the age. Granted I started with a FX-6100 and in lieu of basically rebuilding an entire machine by switching to Ryzen, I opted for a modest upgrade to the 8350. MUCH better performance, more cores for non-gaming related tasks, and despite it having a TDP of 125 F, the thermals are excellent (although I don't have it overclocked). The baseline 4 GHz performance is solid.

If I hadn't gone with the Corsair Crystal Series 460x, I would have opted for something in Fractal Design's lineup, or even a NZXT case -- both of which offer the same stunning looks. Ultimately the price was right on the 460x at my local Micro Center, and I learned that Corsair has the same case in white, so I plan to build my next rig with inverted colors (white case with black Cable Mods) to have an inverted color scheme going on. The new rig will be for gaming only, and I'll move my current machine into production as a streaming-only box.

Looks like this hobby has gone into overdrive!

Update: realized I shared the album in the Imgur community and didn't mean to. The updated link is https://imgur.com/a/mcBI4ki. Since the post is past the requisite timeframe, I'm unable to edit the original URL above. Apologies.