Etpro fps drop

blAuss

hello,

so i recently copied my et folder from my gaming pc to some old but not so bad pc. Everything was fine and stable on the gaming one, but on this one now i get huge fps drops...

I tried pretty much everything i know and what i have been told to do and still no solution.  I tried updating drivers, windows, r_primitives, affinites, pbprior and nothing...

one thing is that my gaming pc is intel based and this old one is amd based.

pc specs of old one:

- AMD phenom 2 x4 955 black edition

- 6 Gb ram

- Radeon HD 6850

Help appreciated and needed

ps:: running on 144Hz

peace

Edited by blAuss

20 minutes ago, MikeSlayer said:

have u tried doing a fresh install in a different folder and playing with default cfg?

yes i did, and its also not stable there

Edited by blAuss

i have 9850 quad core. ill  look see what i can find out. iknow i had to 86 a ati card my amd pc didnt like that ati card. catalyst was a mf. so maybe try there.. 

Edited by captnconcrete

• Administrators

2 things - 

1. How much FPS u where getting before and how much u are getting now? 

2. How much u are getting now when u replay demo and how much u get it when u play the game?

Share u config. Thanks

• Like 1

check, minimizing and, if the trilinear option is active or activated automatically without your knowledge in the control panel of the video card, it happened to me, if the problem is not that, in the list of drivers of the video card, try a another version of the drivers

check the command on console

/com_hunkmegs 56 is default value but this command is ready only, u need change from shortcut

example

"C:\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" + set com_hunkmegs 512; + set com_zonemegs 128; + set com_soundMegs 64

you can also check this command

r_primitives 0
r_primitives 1
r_primitives 2

trying out the three options, you will notice an increase in FPS, choose the most performing and stable option

sometimes the cause can be another

example

1 defective or obsolete driver for the network card
2 problems in your provider
3 spyware or background programs

Edited by Lenovo

My not very useful 2 cents:

1/ ET has problems with ATI video cards, I don't know why. I've seen problems with even the latest cards. I can't provide a solution since I've ditched my ATI card for a good while now.

2/ In my personal case, using an Intel video card, ETPro lags and FPS are unstable, but jaymod, silent or any other mod has smooth stable FPS for me. So weird. Does your fps drop in any mod other than etpro?

Cheers!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, daredevil said:

2 things - 

1. How much FPS u where getting before and how much u are getting now? 

2. How much u are getting now when u replay demo and how much u get it when u play the game?

Share u config. Thanks

i was getting stable 125... now on this pc i have 125 jumping to 40 and back to 125. it feels like playin with 500 ping although my ping is stable 48. 

same problem when replaying demo its jumping up and down from 125 to 40 and back up.

bls.cfg

1 hour ago, Schmerzen said:

My not very useful 2 cents:

1/ ET has problems with ATI video cards, I don't know why. I've seen problems with even the latest cards. I can't provide a solution since I've ditched my ATI card for a good while now.

2/ In my personal case, using an Intel video card, ETPro lags and FPS are unstable, but jaymod, silent or any other mod has smooth stable FPS for me. So weird. Does your fps drop in any mod other than etpro?

Cheers!

yes i tried other mods and there were drops in those mods aswell 

catalyst  try to turn this off.. been long time sense i delt with it but i remember i had too mess with this to get et to not  fps lag! also is multi threading on in ur video onptions if so turn that off.. et wont utilize it

• Like 1

Go in services and disable all 3rd party software related to the video card

Just run the driver directly and let Direct X control it that is what is was made for

ET and ATI and are enemies 

Edited by DoubleDragon
  • Like 2

Okay, so i've tried everything u guys posted but nothing really helped...

I also made a fresh windows installation and updates. Now when standing still in the map i get a stable 125 but as soon as i start moving around its not stable and i get drops again.

any other clue ?

thanks for the help so far.

i made a video to show you the actual thing: 

Edited by blAuss

In your config you have to cut all the r_ati settings with Numbers off, change from 1 to 0

If you have primitives turned down already as you have said you did

Ati has no vsync disconnect abilities like Nvidia does I mean thats what I think even if it says it does it don't the only work around is to create a shortcut of the ET.exe and set the r_ properties to fit your feel in a custom cfg and exec it through the shortcut and flush the display with a hard vid_restart all done through the shortcut. It is like being on a Linux when messing with Ati so you have to get it right before connecting to the server.

This is a sample property of a shortcut ink file on how to execute a cfg through a shortcut the cfg must be in ETMAIN folder not wolf folder or mod folder this way you don't have to worry with what mod your changing to only just the server ip

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +r_customwidth "1680" +r_customheight "1050" +set r_mode "-1"  +exec my.cfg +vid_restart +connect serveripaddresshere

Can you post the config from the video that your showing from the above clearly it has issues, even my old GTX 750 doesn't drop fps that much 

do note my network is limited and my time online is short if I can help I will 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoubleDragon said:

In your config you have to cut all the r_ati settings with Numbers off, change from 1 to 0

If you have primitives turned down already as you have said you did

Ati has no vsync disconnect abilities like Nvidia does I mean thats what I think even if it says it does it don't the only work around is to create a shortcut of the ET.exe and set the r_ properties to fit your feel in a custom cfg and exec it through the shortcut and flush the display with a hard vid_restart all done through the shortcut. It is like being on a Linux when messing with Ati so you have to get it right before connecting to the server.

This is a sample property of a shortcut ink file on how to execute a cfg through a shortcut the cfg must be in ETMAIN folder not wolf folder or mod folder this way you don't have to worry with what mod your changing to only just the server ip

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +r_customwidth "1680" +r_customheight "1050" +set r_mode "-1"  +exec my.cfg +vid_restart +connect serveripaddresshere

Can you post the config from the video that your showing from the above clearly it has issues, even my old GTX 750 doesn't drop fps that much 

do note my network is limited and my time online is short if I can help I will 

config is the one i posted before. and i tried to do that but still no luck:(

• Administrators
On 1/23/2019 at 1:45 PM, blAuss said:

i was getting stable 125... now on this pc i have 125 jumping to 40 and back to 125. it feels like playin with 500 ping although my ping is stable 48. 

same problem when replaying demo its jumping up and down from 125 to 40 and back up.

bls.cfg

If demo gives same FPS - then 100% it's your PC. Check if your opengl drivers have changed or not recently. If yes changed - try roll back on your OS for old drivers and see how it goes. 

Your config is bogus, bogus - Just create new ET profile and use some good config. 

• Like 1