Teens vs rotary phone lol

Siwex89

• Leader

If you grew up in that era, then you saw adults doing it long before you could master it.  :D

I wonder how many toddlers dialed "0" and talked to the Operator?

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2019 at 6:09 AM, RedBaird said:

If you grew up in that era, then you saw adults doing it long before you could master it.  :D

I wonder how many toddlers dialed "0" and talked to the Operator?

I dialled 999 (emergency services in the UK) on a rotary before I even learned to talk - easily done on a rotary!  Luckily my mother just about heard the woman's voice repeatedly asking if there was anyone there and was able to come to the phone and explain / apologise >_< 

Edited by Chuckun
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chuckun said:

I dialled 999 (emergency services in the UK) on a rotary before I even learned to talk - easily done on a rotary!  Luckily my mother just about heard the woman's voice repeatedly asking if there was anyone there and was able to come to the phone and explain / apologise >_< 

Oh gosh that just reminded me when I was around 8 years old and had this overwhelming urge to call the police for no reason. I was in my grandmothers house and I dialed 999, I heard a voice and panicked hahaha and put the phone down quickly. For the next few days, I was freaking out thinking im going to go to jail. I never told anyone until now lol.

• Haha 2

• Leader
7 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

I heard a voice and panicked hahaha and put the phone down quickly

I think that in most parts of the USA these days, the Police will be sent to your address after a no-talk hangup to see if there is a problem or not.  :D  

• Surprise 1

13 hours ago, RedBaird said:

I think that in most parts of the USA these days, the Police will be sent to your address after a no-talk hangup to see if there is a problem or not.  :D  

Same in the UK these days, a silent caller is treated as serious now, for obvious reasons.  It's a good thing!

• Like 1