ETL 2.76 makes it impossible to play on FA servers anymore

kajto3
Go to solution Solved by daredevil,

Today I updated ETL to 2.76 (yaay finally). Tried to change mod/connect FA server - it deleted all custom FA pk3 files automatically. Now I'm unable to join HC for example, showing me this error:

err.PNG.8337be880684bc3667653e5a0d41b292.PNG

It seems that you need to remove all ~~~ from your pk3 names. Well, that's gonna take a while I guess...

Pasting Kemon's message from ETL Discord so he doesn't have to send that again:

This was decided in an effort to protect the player from potentially maliscious files. There was a discussion with hellreturn(daredevil) to soften this ban. The general support of F|A as the biggest ET community would mean a lot to us, so we did also talk about it.
We do notice now that in favour of more critical fixes, we kind of forgot about that.
We should definitely try and find a solution that is best for all people involved and see if we can do something already for 2.77

However, from my personal perspective, these pk3 should not be used by server owners. They alter the game of the player and even in a potentially game breaking way to the point of not being able to play anymore without cleaning directories manually. This is not sth new players would do. They would uninstall and move on.

Like I said, we need to find a compromise here.

In the meantime, try asking your server admins to consider not using potentially maliscious files on their servers

Someone needs to rename pk3's from ~~~~~fav.pk3 or other characters even with copies of the files in place accordingly they aren't read.

Please look into this would like to use the updated version on the server.

• Administrators
  • Solution

We will not update servers and re-work pk3 and force each players to download the pk3s again - cos of stupid logic. 

• Like 1

I reported legacy new version has trojan with anti-virus. I suggest you do same. It even deleted all my pk3s and I was not able to join other clan servers where i play. I tried each server and i thought i got banned or something so i was pissed on some F|A admins but then someone told me it's the new update.

/uninstall #legacy trojan 

f*** this bastards. 

• Confused 1