Jay1 Specs

quietoff

Hi

Lately on jay1 there have been too many specs which leads boots to get into the game.
They stay practically all day in spec and do not let other players enter the server,I sometimes take  over 10m to enter.
I know a player after some time in spec automatically gets disconnected but this is not happening.
There should be a  time limit on spec ,for example 5m if you do not enter the team automatically gets disconnected.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Generally, players in spectator mode will start getting kicked automatically if the server is full or approaching its player limit. I'm not sure how long the period of inactivity has to be but perhaps if its an issue for many players trying to join the server, it could be shortened. What is the current value at? @daredevil 

29 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

Generally, players in spectator mode will start getting kicked automatically if the server is full or approaching its player limit. I'm not sure how long the period of inactivity has to be but perhaps if its an issue for many players trying to join the server, it could be shortened. What is the current value at? @daredevil 

Lately this happens constantly, now  there are 16 specs in the last 3 maps and we are playing with boots.
With full server its most  at night that surely  i will have to wait to enter.

Edited by LKplus

50 minutes ago, LKplus said:

Lately this happens constantly, now  there are 16 specs in the last 3 maps and we are playing with boots.

If the server isn't that full (If bots are present for example), the server wont kick the spectators because players can still join the server and whether people are in spec or not wont make a difference. Only when the server is nearly full or full does it start kicking peeps. In the mean time, you could try out our other servers if one of them is full. We have quite a few populated servers.

Edited by CheepHeep

g_spectatorInactivity sets the limit in seconds of spectator inactivity permitted before client is
automatically kicked. A value of 0 disables this feature.

I think there should be a limit.

• Platinum VIP

The problem is that many times it's admin who sit in spec but are AFK for long periods of time and regulars who are sitting out a map they don't like or waiting for one they do like

• Like 1

• Administrators

I will check if inactivity kick is working or not - their is no changed in back end stuff so i am not sure why inactive people wouldn't get kicked. 

In order for bots to kick in u need at least 24 specs  - i checked SL and i never found 24 people in spec. Can someone please confirm if that's the case? 

7 hours ago, LKplus said:

Can you please take screenshot - when u see that happening? I will see what i can do. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I know I signed on earlier yesterday. Teams on Warbell were 13-13 and 16 in spec

Can u pls share the screenshot? Are their any repeat offenders who just sit in spec?  If someone doesn't like warbell - we can't kick them up. Even after 13/13 and 16 in spec - we still got 9 more slot open. That's why  I mentioned - it's very rare to have high players in spec for pro long time.  

PS Admins will not be kicked irrespective how many x hours they are in spec because many times they are just in spec so all can enjoy.

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, daredevil said:

Can u pls share the screenshot? Are their any repeat offenders who just sit in spec?  If someone doesn't like warbell - we can't kick them up. Even after 13/13 and 16 in spec - we still got 9 more slot open. That's why  I mentioned - it's very rare to have high players in spec for pro long time.  

PS Admins will not be kicked irrespective how many x hours they are in spec because many times they are just in spec so all can enjoy.

I didn't take a screen shot, that's just what I could see when I was joining a team, but I will in the future