Request for a Jaymod championship

Lenovo

Request for a Jaymod Championship  

25 members have voted

1. 1. if there were a team Jaymod Championship, would you be interested in participating?

• it's a great idea, I approve
    • it's not in my interests, I would not participate

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/19 at 10:59 PM

I think 6 on 6 might be to many on each side,

it could be hard for that many to commit and all be able to be there at the same time.  

Still could work, especially if it has a long time in advancement planned out, and I think each team needs alterenets.  I also want to add my take on it, I suggest a 5 on 5 where you have to have all team members need to play a different class. 1 Medic, 1 Feild Ops, 1 Soldier, 1 Engy, and 1 Covert Ops.  

This would create a very challenging style of play and focus heavily on team orientation like protecting the Engy.  

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, Cit0 said:

I think 6 on 6 might be to many on each side,

it could be hard for that many to commit and all be able to be there at the same time.  

Still could work, especially if it has a long time in advancement planned out, and I think each team needs alterenets.  I also want to add my take on it, I suggest a 5 on 5 where you have to have all team members need to play a different class. 1 Medic, 1 Feild Ops, 1 Soldier, 1 Engy, and 1 Covert Ops.  

This would create a very challenging style of play and focus heavily on team orientation like protecting the Engy.  

Traditionally the is only panzer allowed for soldiers in 5o5 cups :). Usually teams run 3 medics, a rifle, and a standard engi in 5o5 and for axis maybe a fops instead of an engi until they need to defuse something.

Unlike normal Jaymod there already exists a fair amount of diversity in the classes in competitive play so I do not think you would need to restrict anyone with what classes they have to play :)

• Like 3

@Dest!Ny

Just a suggestion, for we can make our own tourney rules and style and aren't restricted by any format as it is , if you want it the way you want it/ "traditional" maybe you should set it up :)

• Confused 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Cit0 said:

@Dest!Ny

Just a suggestion, for we can make our own tourney rules and style and aren't restricted by any format as it is , if you want it the way you want it/ "traditional" maybe you should set it up :)

It's Lenovo's idea so it is his decision to make. If you want me to help organizing I'm up for it probably, but it won't be my ideas that will be carried out. When I was reading your earlier reply I thought you were affraid it would just be a fest of rambomedics like on standard Jaymod servers, so I tried to assure you that competituve ET is nothing like that. If what you said was only meant as a suggestion to make the cup interesting in it's own way then please, accept my apologies, I misinterpreted you. I am trying to help, just like you! :)

Edited by Dest!Ny
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cit0 said:

@Dest!Ny

Think you're the only one who brought up non-traditional rules, so I'm not sure what your point is. It's Lenovo's decision, sure, but Destiny has as much right to give his opinion as you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yall seem to be assuming my thoughts for me, never said anything about having a Rambo fest, nor did I imply this so mis-interpretation yes, no biggie either (as you said only trying to help and add a possible different type of tourney :) if it gathered interest)

just as anyone I'm just voicing an opinion no need to do what you are doing here (Mufasa), also this is an open discussion where we are discussing how things will go down, seems like Destiny understands this 

Why not just be friendly as I was trying to be @Mufasa

Also Mufasa your starting trouble where there is none, I never said anything about not letting other opinions to be stated....

Stop trying to demonize me it's sad and a waste of time for there is nothing to demonize

Now back to topic,

Looks like you might have got youself a helper (Destiny) there @Lenovo !!

However you have it go down (style of tourney) I will most definitely be checking this out and look forward to it 🤠

29 minutes ago, Cit0 said:

Why not just be friendly as I was trying to be 

Also Mufasa your starting trouble where there is none, I never said anything about not letting other opinions to be stated....

Stop trying to demonize me it's sad and a waste of time for there is nothing to demonize

I read your response as "if you want it that way, run your own cup". I don't see any other way to read it and it looks like Destiny thought the same as me. I re-read it a dozen times and I can't see any way you're being friendly other than a smiley face.

That said, no point in continuing if that's not what you meant to say.

Edited by Mufasa

That’s limited capacity thinking kicking in for single minded interpretation on a negative path, I suggest a broader view for understanding, where you openly think about what is being said, viewing it in a positive way (which it was intended) and seeing it as so:

If you want the tourney in traditional format then setting up yourself is the method to be used unless this is what Lenovo intends already which is possible

if u want to take it in a harsh way that’s up to u Mufasa, I assure you it wasn’t coming from my side, and it seems like Destiny understood that it was just a suggestion, from his response, but unlike you I won’t speak for him, his response already told me more then enough to understand from my interpretation point and seems to be settled and understood on both sides 

2 hours ago, Mufasa said:

I read your response as "if you want it that way, run your own cup". I don't see any other way to read it and it looks like Destiny thought the same as me. 

Again stop trying to start trouble where there is none

• Confused 1

ok, guys we have moved the waters a bit, I still remain of the idea, that jaymod is beautiful as it is, we find it on servers jay 1 2 3, we just have to limit the fire for effect and control the respawn times, and timelimit of the maps, the classes are not limited, because depending on the map maybe you need + doctors or more engineers etc ...
we only have to choose maps, which are not Oasis example bottlenecks, disable the antirush, disable double jump and double weapon, in order to make it less futuristic also without the double jump and the adrenaline avoids seeing people fly and get jumps and advantages when you have to jump obstacles or climb on some wall.

we must also understand, if it is better to attack and defend the same map, or just attack and then change map (I mean to apply a stopwatch mode or not).

anyway thanks to all those who want to be part of the staff, I do not think that there is any hurry, if we organize things calmly, I believe that with the experience accumulated in past years, we have the potential to get a serious and well organized tournament, surely if we have the approval of DD and the staff of FA, and of the concrete help (server, discord, etc ...) we will reach the desired result.

hoping to have many players interested in the tournament, we could then decide whether to make a group stage, and then eighths, semifinals and finals, or get a league that lasts all year with a general classification

there are many decisions to be made, so there is a need for a staff, but we will see this after the survey, and after talking to all the interested parties

Edited by Lenovo
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Don't guess based on votes. Not all visit this forum. 

You need to create the tournament first - then market the idea on SL, TB, reddit, FB, etc etc sites. Once you are done advertising it, open the dates for participation. Every month or so, I get on an avg 2 PM's for panzer war server, tournaments, etc. So far only mustafa hosted successful tournament and he had help of few members. 

Create team of staff who will help u. Servers, I have ready from last tournament. 

• Like 4
  • 100 2