engine overhauls

thejonny119

5 minutes ago, Ftwo said:

True that. Quantity is a THING nowadays. Things getting old and they're meant to replace not fixed. Sour fruits of consumer society.  

Had 1989 w201 Mercedes - 600 000 km without any problem but rust. 

And then I had (still have in bad shape) w210 1996 - 2.9 engine can run to 1 million and up but the chassis is gone. With 300 000 km only. If I removed some interior details I found that they didn't bother to paint the inner body at all. Only some paint dust in some places. Poor rust protection also in body. And w210 was the one they ASKED for quality.
And not to mention some (yes, some) Land Rovers or Ford Rangers these days with oilpumps made of chocolate. I can continue with that list forever. 

yea see it time to time even with caterpillar used to be so good but now ...... 

WP_20180801_14_11_49_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thejonny119 said:

just saw this video had to share it xD might even try it i got enof engines  laying around anyways 

That is soooo sick I love it :D

• Like 1

the engine doesn't belong on it though we use it to put a load on the engine and test it this way 

Edited by thejonny119
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

please dont remind me of engines 
me and my dad own and drive a beetle each and their engines are bloody cursed
almost everytime we fix something something else breaks on us XD
to the point that we had to dissasemble the same engine over 4 times bec each time something goes wrong 

currently we only have 1 of the 4 engine block actually running and the other ones are in pieces XD

Edited by chaos the golden dragon
  • Like 1

subaru engine crankshaft broken , big eng bearing caps broken ,..... think it's dead now xD funny enough the engine somehow was still running with all that goin on xD 

WP_20190129_09_18_58_Pro.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1