engine overhauls

thejonny119

1 minute ago, RENEGADE* said:

Did a nitrous system do that...?

nope just a normal diesel engine i think its a bit of a combination of low oil presure , getting to hot and a weakspot in the conecting rod. since 2 other rods got discolored and the bearing just melted with them and 1 piston was completely stuck 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ftwo said:

Always nice to fit NEW parts :)
Btw here is the Deutz stationary

DSC_2022.JPG

omg i'm pretty sure it's a Deutz Standmotor MA 216  

they were build from 1921 till 1928 thats a nicce old lady you got there ❤️ xD hopefully you restore her some time 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ftwo said:

Did You found out it by serial number?  I have a service manual somewhere that came with the motor...somewhere 🤔

yep serial number 129940 till 138522 were build in 1925 gotta look on german sites to find any info of those engines 

• Thanks 1

My 2011 GTI (well its the wifes) threw the chain a couple of cogs and the timing went to poo. After they took the top off they found the Cam is damaged and it looks like oil starvation from the non return valve failing...VW really have gone to shit since the good old days..!!

20181219_144915.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thejonny119 said:

aah wel the good quality in cars and other stuff is long gone my friend.

it's only quantity above quality these days.

True that. Quantity is a THING nowadays. Things getting old and they're meant to be replaced not fixed. Sour fruits of consumer society.  

Had 1989 w201 Mercedes - 600 000 km without any problem but rust. 

And then I had (still have in bad shape) w210 1996 - 2.9 engine can run to 1 million and up but the chassis is gone. With 300 000 km only. If I removed some interior details I found that they didn't bother to paint the inner body at all. Only some paint dust in some places. Poor rust protection also in body. And w210 was the one they ASKED for quality.
And not to mention some (yes, some) Land Rovers or Ford Rangers these days with oilpumps made of chocolate. I can continue with that list forever. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1