engine overhauls

thejonny119

Omg 😲 New engine needed here..

What's the make and model for this engine?

Hope you get a new one in soon :) 

Anyways, couldn't help myself by posting this pic xD

IMG_0395.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Ftwo said:

Omg 😲 New engine needed here..

What's the make and model for this engine?

Hope you get a new one in soon :) 

Anyways, couldn't help myself by posting this pic xD

IMG_0395.jpg

it's from an iveco N60 nef . i got greenlight  to repair it xD new engine block , crankshaft , camshaft , 3 conecting rods,  6 pistons estemated parts cost about 6000 euro i feel bad for that guy xD 

• Like 2

That's a nice job to get that all working again, sorting out useful details and putting all in working order. 
I've seen a couple of blown Volvo 6-cyl bus engines. One had a broken rod and a small hole in block. Everything else was fine and the welder simply welded it together xD

Engine had a full repair and worked like nothing happened. 

Big engines are most awesome things.. Volvo's complete engine weight was about 1700kg and cylinder head only ~220kg.
Other had a broken piston. Half of it fell down from cylinder and got caught between crankshaft and block. Ended up with enormous hole in block :D 

• Like 1

yea but welding an engine block comes at a risk though and you're never sure it's completely  sealed you better stitch and lock it. i had a big crack on my john deere model E got it fixed now 

WP_20180328_16_34_39_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

what are u doing with that old jd.. pullin ,cases .hahaha

ive seen some pretty wicked shit i grew up in the pits at husets speed way in sufu ..look it uplol

750 plus horses  on dirt ..  one of my  dads drivers .. poped a then 30 k brand new motor .. bent 3 valves cracked 2 and put 2 pistons thru the block.. he  was playing with fuel dial bit much.lol but dam he was half a lap ahead before first lap was over.lol that motor was a 351  furd  bored stroked to a 408  had 843 horses 16.5 to 1 compression. they run on white water meth tho cast iron block aluminum heads . my dad  loved his furds.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, thejonny119 said:

it is this beauty btw ^^ its a john deere model E from 1944 its a hit and miss engine 

Engine block welding is risky, I agree. That welder used to weld big ass ships together and was qualified for this job xD
I have one Deutz engine like that at granny's place. Original owner was my great grandfather. Not in working order but now you got me thinking about it :D

Edited by Ftwo
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Ftwo said:

Engine block welding is risky, I agree. That welder used to weld big ass ships together and was qualified for this job xD
I have one Deutz engine like that at granny's place. Original owner was my great grandfather. Not in working order but now you got me thinking about it :D

nicce you better get that beauty running then ^^ btw do you know what type it is ? 

• Like 1

I must find the original owner's manual. I know I have it somewhere. I add a video of similar one here. These old stationary engines have a soul and history in them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_9Dj5HK4WI

Mostly like that but not 100% same thing. I have never found one that is 1:1 with mine.

• Love 1

yep each one of them has their own story to tell . if you got a picture of yours i might be able to help you find what type and an engine number can be helpfull too 

• Thanks 1