Sign in to follow this  
Saizou

Removing vstrs

Question

I've looked on the internet and all I've found is how to use vstrs and not a single word how to remove them. The problem I have is that once I make some vstr it will always stay in console even though it has been long removed from .cfg and key that executed it was rebinded.

Few examples:

20100823133747radar.jpg

It's not really an issue but I'm curious where those things get stored. Wouldn't want ET to eventually get clogged with them, as I used alot of vstrs for making vsay binds. One of solutions would be to reset them all to execute empty line but that would be a pain.

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Nope, I have unbindall at the start of .cfg and they are still there.

Demo one is added in menu itself for easy demo recording since around appx 50-70% players in ET don't know how to bind it.

Try connecting to server using command line and execute u config and see if it works for you. If it doesn't then prolly you are using 'seta' instead of 'set'.

Still the same, and I'm certain that I haven't used seta for those vstrs. I'd appreciate if someone else who used vstrs and stopped using them could check if they still show up in console.

I don't mind the demo ones, I use them, it's that random junk I put in there that I want to get rid of.

If all else fails I'll settle for reinstall and see what happens.

cvar_restart

That'll reset all cvars to their default values, and delete non-standard cvars. Then, re-exec your config and you should be golden.

That's it, it worked. I was looking for that sort of command.

Thanks to all for posting, problem solved.