How bout some Mercury? :D

Chameleon

I nerd out over any and all things Space. Read this article this morning and loved that Mercury was visible.  May be

boring to some, but I love it..  I am a "Sky Watcher'

https://earthsky.org/todays-image/photos-early-dec-2018-mercury

TGduekF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

I woke up at 4:30 with Venus glaring in my bedroom window, got my coffee and went outside to get a good look, man was she bright!  Bummed I wasn't aware I had a chance at Mercury too!

• Like 4

I feel ya. Sometimes events happen and I miss them and it is indeed a bummer. I try to keep up as much as I can so I can see the meteor showers and so on..

• Like 2

I did however snag a fantastic bright white meteor.  I am in the thick of moving from city life back to country, very much looking forward to the night sky's!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RatSpit said:

I did however snag a fantastic bright white meteor.  I am in the thick of moving from city life back to country, very much looking forward to the night sky's!

Yeah when I finally got out of the city many years ago and back into the mountains, I could pay much more attention to the sky and it's surroundings.

A few years back, in November, I was able to be a part of the Leonid meteor shower that produced around 50 or more meteors per hour, and I would venture

to say 20 of those each hour were fireballs..  Those always amaze me with the different colors they turn and the varying intensities of the light that flash with them,

just totally blew my mind.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mercury is very hard to see planet, it appears on the most closest horizon at early mornings so the Sun "turns off" Mercury just when its at the best chance to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...