Game closes

Krepox
Go to solution Solved by daredevil,

Hi guys,

So when i try to connect to a server, doesn't care which one, it sometimes automatically closes ET. Last server i tried was your Hardcore server. I think it has to download something and then BOOM, ET has been closed.

Yes, i run as admin

No, first time i have this problem

Regards,

Krepox

try first to set /r_gamma 1  see if it still happens i had a simular issue but once i altered gamma back to 1 it stopped for me
also check in task manager if ET isnt running twice  that could give a conflict

• Like 1

• Leader

BTW, DareDevil is promoting the switch to ETLegacy as the future of ET.  He made a topic where Users can help each other.  :D

ETLegacy - Who plays from ETLegacy  

• Surprise 1

14 hours ago, DFighter said:

try first to set /r_gamma 1  see if it still happens i had a simular issue but once i altered gamma back to 1 it stopped for me
also check in task manager if ET isnt running twice  that could give a conflict

I do not think gamma is the problem, but i’ll try it. Thanks anyway.

8 hours ago, w1cx said:

Are you playing with ET Legacy? It was happening to me when I was playing with Legacy...

Nope, not that i’m aware 😛

• Leader

That sounds like the Redirect-Server file-downloads problem that we had beginning "tuesday" and ending "wednesday", some 20 hours ago.  

https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/101151-redirect-server/?do=findComment&comment=841859

Have you tried since the time of DD's post?

• Leader
8 hours ago, Krepox said:

No it doesnt work.

When try to connect to a server it redirects to the site. Just tried Hardcore and im ending up here :(

ADDED:  I just thought of this! 😮 Download and run our Enemy Territory Auto pk3 cleaner 12 which is known for clearing up many mysterious ET problems.  I recently had to use it to fix a problem when trying to connect to some FA-NoQuarter servers!

Have you tried the other FA Silent servers, such as Silent#1 and Beginners#2?  

If connecting to those have the same result, then it sounds to me like a corrupted FA-menu file, which has mixed up its /connect hc.clan-fa.com function with the 'connect to FA Forums' link.  

I could try to edit my own copy(s) of the files(s) to produce the same results.  :D  That would be "interesting". But, ACK, see next line.

But when the redirect server was down, I tried to 'hinky' with an FA-file and got a "file exists with wrong checksum", so hmmm. :( 

Well, try the other servers and if that fails, then I can send you copies of my FA-Silent-Files. (and you can send me copies of your files so that I can 'look' at them.)

Edited by RedBaird
second thoughts

29 minutes ago, DoubleDragon said:

Sometimes ET Legacy gives me problems with opening and I just add +set com_hunkmegs 768 to the end of the shortcut's target in properties 

He’s not on legacy. I’ll send him another message now asking if any of my solutions worked as I’ve not heard anything from him today. 

Hope thats a good sign! 

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Heaven:) said:

He’s not on legacy. I’ll send him another message now asking if any of my solutions worked as I’ve not heard anything from him today. 

Hope thats a good sign! 

That too bug hunk. ET doesn't uses that much.

hunkmeg of 256 is more then good enough.