pc issue

captnconcrete

4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

quick question on this i  still have this problem takes 4 trys to get my pc on once on i can scan it with every tool undersun and it tells me pc is fine..lol

at shut down case fans stay barley on light is dim barley spin. and cpu fan barley spin..

i have a 400watt psu laying here  its +3.3v 30a +5v28a  +12v1 14a 12v2 15a 348 watt combined and 140w max ..

would this be worthy of tryin or is waste and gonna fubar me?

try it. wont hurt. 

• Thanks 1

thanks for the responses i did lookher all over and took all aprat and cleaned  both psu and mobo .. mobo looked fine but the psu looked like it had cancer .lol klean up nice tho im give this little puss psu a try tonight..  after my et season 

• Like 1

@captnconcrete when in doubt take  the memory out 👍 

On 11/28/2018 at 1:46 AM, captnconcrete said:

old ass pc  built long ago .its like 13 yrs old .

k9a2neo msi mobo 

550 roswill psu 

aspire case  

6 gigs 6400 ddr2 ram

segate 250 gig sata hdd

8800gts 320

my pc wont shut off or turn on correctly ive tried every dam thing i can find and think ..tried all the w7 settins for power even the nic card power setting .. nothing works  if i turn off pc  my cpu fan and my case fans stay on but  seems they arent full power cpu fan skips on off.  rest of pc seems to shut down .. it some times says oced warning i have to reset cmos  to fix.  im baffled if it was my mobo or psu why would it turn back on  .. also temps are fine all cmd prompt scans come back fine. i have to shut off at switch on back of pc..

when i turn back on it comes on  but dont post i have to  push  power button to make it load then its even iffy takes sevral tries.  maybe ill try putting my reset button on my power button only thing i can fathom it being is this junky  case power button..any one ver experienced a issue like this. also already messed with all the bios settings  for this and also reset to fail safe settings still this problem

did that  ran memory scan too its fine i tookher allapart today.. every piece out .. had it all out on table ..cleaned it all inspected every bit ..put it back together .. and same dam shit.lol   time for new pc.. 

vcore 3.00v

+3.3v 3.11v

vccv3 3.23 v

vcore 1.20v

vram  2.18v

vchipset  1.27v

+5v 5.38v

+12v  9.68v

vcc1.5v  0.73v

vsb3v  3.23 v

vbat 3.20v

psu is 550sli rosewill 

Edited by captnconcrete

46 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

did that  ran memory scan too its fine i tookher allapart today.. every piece out .. had it all out on table ..cleaned it all inspected every bit ..put it back together .. and same dam shit.lol   time for new pc.. 

vcore 3.00v

+3.3v 3.11v

vccv3 3.23 v

vcore 1.20v

vram  2.18v

vchipset  1.27v

+5v 5.38v

+12v  9.68v

vcc1.5v  0.73v

vsb3v  3.23 v

vbat 3.20v

psu is 550sli rosewill 

And you have ran a n overnight ram test? Also could just be the mb is done. 

• 100 1

48 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

vcore 3.00v

+3.3v 3.11v

vccv3 3.23 v

vcore 1.20v

vram  2.18v

vchipset  1.27v

+5v 5.38v

+12v  9.68v

vcc1.5v  0.73v

vsb3v  3.23 v

vbat 3.20v

psu is 550sli rosewill

You try that 450w PSU yet? That will provide plenty of power. But that looks fine +12v is most likely 12.68v- lots of software reads AM2/AM3 SMBus incorrectly. HWInfo64 is some of the only software that does it right.
This is confusing:

vcore 3.00v -- impossible

vcore 1.20v -- about right.

Your fan controller is powered right? By like Molex or SATA? Also RAM isn't gonna affect fan speed or lights guys... c'mon.

Edited by Xernicus
  • Like 1

that 400 watt psu is dead ..lol i opened it up an i guess its seen rain.lol

my ram is gskill 2gig sticks 3 of em 6400ddr2 800  could the ram and the 9850quad core not be happy with each other.. i think i seen somewhere that i shoulda got 1066 ram to go with that quadcore.

cuz i do get a oced boot lockup everyonce in while . then i have to reset cmos.

my own thoughts is psu going wonky  or my mobo fan cotroller is fubar. i took out my old fan swtich i had..thinking it was culprit..i have my fans plugged in to mobo fan system spots.. if i hold my powerbutton in and flip switch on back of psu on it boots right up.  this pc is weird im puzzled.. an i have had this issue for almost a yr now. if it was dieing ud think it would be melted by now.

1 minute ago, captnconcrete said:

that 400 watt psu is dead ..lol i opened it up an i guess its seen rain.lol

my ram is gskill 2gig sticks 3 of em 6400ddr2 800  could the ram and the 9850quad core not be happy with each other.. i think i seen somewhere that i shoulda got 1066 ram to go with that quadcore.

cuz i do get a oced boot lockup everyonce in while . then i have to reset cmos.

my own thoughts is psu going wonky  or my mobo fan cotroller is fubar. i took out my old fan swtich i had..thinking it was culprit..i have my fans plugged in to mobo fan system spots.. if i hold my powerbutton in and flip switch on back of psu on it boots right up.  this pc is weird im puzzled.. an i have had this issue for almost a yr now. if it was dieing ud think it would be melted by now.

Mmm... I don't think RAM speed is problem. It's just slower RAM, that's a performance thing. All of the K9A2's have support for 800Mhz RAM. You mentioned that this started happening after adding a third DIMM? I guess it is possible that the BIOS doesn't like the memory XMP profile on that third stick and the automatic voltages or timings are wrong. But that doesn't account for the weird behavior when your computer is off. And I'd think you'd be getting error messages everytime you started your PC if that was the root of the problem....

But that additional DIMM could be just enough to sag the voltage line and throw errors or a no POST though- I've seen that on older or failing PSUs... I'd be very curious to see if removing that DIMM makes the boot problem go away.
I guess if it does, then your PSU probably can't deliver what it's rated for (at least any more).

But that fan spin thing while the computer is off, and they're plugged into the mobo headers... that has me slightly stumped. Could be leakage on a rail. There could be something backfeeding voltage, like a powered HDMI splitter perhaps?
It could be a compatibility issue with Windows 10 "Fast Boot" and your BIOS- I'd try turning that off. When fan controllers fail though, they usually just don't work- or fans are at 100%, they're solid state.

Anyways, this is just me throwing ideas around at this point... guess I need some food lol

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

os is w7 sp1 

Well that rules out fast boot then, good to know... I guess you mentioned that already though. :P
Could you share the part number of your motherboard? ie: what's printed in the area I put a blue box around.
part_number.thumb.jpg.0ebc8e6cc2c6c7bba2bb4707e52bc773.jpg
What I'd do for now though- as a troubleshooting measure at least- is pick up a new PSU. If you've got something like a Best Buy nearby, go for an EVGA, ThermalTake, or Corsair CX-M series. This has two benefits:
-If it fixes your issue, you're good to go- and you can consider it the first part for your new rig.
-If it doesn't solve the problem, you still have the first part for your new rig :D

450W would be plenty- go for 650W if you'd be looking at mid-range SLI or future proofing for 125-140W CPU's, RAID, etc.

Also: think I said this in PM- but avoid Rosewill components like the plague. There is no quality control, it's a generic "blanket" brand. Worse yet, there are several manufacturers using it- so you could get a good product one shipment and complete trash on a second, similar product.

that looks ex actually like my board. my 8800gts is size of a vw bus it covers all that ill loook later.

i really appreciate all the help u have givin me so far ur a valuable asset to this group much kudos bud.

Edited by captnconcrete

i will be taking it apart again to day..

after i took apart last time ive had it crash three times hard...

first two it just locked up and machinegunned till i shut her down .. last time i got a blue screen utoh....ima swap out my 8800gts for my 8600gs  an ima take out one stick ram.  8600 sucks tho doesnt like fire in et.

it isms-7388  1.0 yes ..

ok this am i loaded age of empires 3 war chiefs my temps went holy cow high. 

gpu was at 81c and climbing and cpu was at 71c. not good.

normally its  53c gpu and 39c cpu. so i shut her down took out gpu..  took off cover it was dirty big time.. so i swaped in a tiny little 8400gs for now..  im thinking i dont like this card it doesnt like fire in et. an has no  power plug on it..yukky.

booted first time i turned on.. but my other case fans still do the wonky.an cpu.

so i turn on with this little tiny gpu and bam  pc start dl alkinds a shit and i cant stop it.lol