ET problem.

m00bz
Go to solution Solved by DFighter,

Hi all,

Since this weekend i've got a new motherboard and CPU and also some RAM memory.
Now i wanted to try a new CFG but since two days ET is extremely dark and now it even say that i can't connect the following thing in attachment.

I NEED HEPL CUZ I NEED TO PLAY CUZ IM ADDICTED. lol

Thanks .

IMG_20181126_205105.jpg

Edited by m00bz

9 minutes ago, m00bz said:

I just reinstalled, but now the CFG isn't what i wanted to be.

the error you have is because the game dont run as administrator if you have problems with your cfg you should either exec it again or make a new one :D

51 minutes ago, DFighter said:

the error you have is because the game dont run as administrator if you have problems with your cfg you should either exec it again or make a new one :D

I cant make a config lol.
I run it as a administrator, that worked fine.

When in game and you have went through all the cvars in the /cvarlist in console ~ that you want changed or have changed settings in game and got it they way you like do /writeconfig configname.cfg in console it will save it next time you play do /exec configname.cfg and it will load it for general purpose you might play on multiple servers and don't feel like writing one by hand for each server just name the file appropriately to the server your playing on like if your on Jay1 just do Jay1.cfg simple enough and if your changing resolution and in console it says it will change on next restart just do /vid_restart

If you screw up no worries just do this/cvar_restart then the cfg and vid_restart or do it all at one time /cvar_restart;exec configname.cfg;vid_restart   

And if your really old like me and get annoyed by having to do it on each server copy the shortcut on desktop paste it back rename it the server name right click go to properties on the end of the target add a space after the last " and put

mind the -->" +exec configname.cfg +connect serverIPaddress       <--- That ones my favorite ;) 

This is the simplest way instead of asking a ton of questions or using someones messed up personal config no pun intended.

• Like 1

@m00bz

If you are running Windows 10, your config file might actually have ended up as

autoexec.cfg.txt

With the way Windows 10 is set up on default, you may not even see that the file extension ended up like this

it should be

autoexec.cfg

To change this, open up your file explorer and select "File"

then select "change folder and search options"

Then select the "View" tab

then find "hide extentions for known file types" and uncheck it

This should allow you to now rename the file to

autoexec.cfg

and it will actually be a config file now :)

Don't know if this is your problem with configs but I figured why not put it out there just in case :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, m00bz said:

@Cit0 Thanks anyway lol!
The problem with ET is solved now, however i cant download FA ITALY atm.

How to make a own cfg? :D

thats a issue that isnt something you can do about at the moment. the download redirect is offline so all players that need to download a file map or otherwise aren't able to download it. its known and currently being fixed but i don't know how long it will take to get it fixed.

and cfg isnt to hard just open notepad enter line by line the settings / commands you want and save the file as .cfg instead of txt and add it into etmain

edit if you really want to get into a server you can download mapfiles manually from forum and add them into etmain then you dont have to download the maps and then you should be able to enter servers

Edited by DFighter
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...