Quote of the Day

Cit0

I plan to post a new quote as often as I can on a daily basis for all to derive from.   If I miss a day or you feel like posting one yourself that feels pertinent to the day, please do so.  

First quote: From Tolkien's "The Hobbit"

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"

image.png.6caa1b15bbde01e37d3233bcaed294b8.png   787098958_TheHobbitCover.gif.c65b5af666e6b6fed7122b5af036ad5c.gif

• Like 7

"The fount is these nine days dry.  The prayers that did begin then, and the lamentations in sackcloth and ashes, and the holy processions, none of these have ceased nor night nor day; and so the monks and the nuns and the foundlings be all exhausted, and do hang up prayers writ upon parchment, sith that no strength is left in man to lift up voice.  And at last they sent for thee, Sir Boss, to try magic and enchantment; and if you could not come, then was the messenger to fetch Merlin, and he is there these three days now, and saith he will fetch that water though he burst the globe and wreck its kingdoms to accomplish it; and right bravely doth he work his magic and call upon his hellions to hie them hither and help, but not a whiff of moisture hath he started yet, even so much as might qualify as mist upon copper mirror an ye count not the barrel of sweat he sweateth betwixt sun and sun over dire labors of his task"

Sir Ozana Le Cure Hardy speaking to "The Boss"

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Mark Twain

• Like 1

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground.

Fredrick Douglas

1863601866_FredrickDouglas.jpg.246289a8778ab41d3e70a12268ae2ce7.jpg

• Like 2

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Bilbo Baggins

B0B5D610-D60D-4E41-9E32-9179533258EF.thumb.jpeg.083559cb0b034fa7d257a5cc71a0b9b2.jpeg

JRR Tolkien LOTR

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down”

6244285F-8D2B-4D14-8A0B-E9E88C16C2B7.jpeg.d9dd2c0c99788e9e7e8fe470facff699.jpeg

Abraham Lincoln 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2018 at 9:11 PM, Cit0 said:

I plan to post a new quote as often as I can on a daily basis for all to derive from.   If I miss a day or you feel like posting one yourself that feels pertinent to the day, please do so.  

First quote: From Tolkien's "The Hobbit"

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"

image.png.6caa1b15bbde01e37d3233bcaed294b8.png   787098958_TheHobbitCover.gif.c65b5af666e6b6fed7122b5af036ad5c.gif

Saw your post and thought of this.. Bilbo made one of the best comments ever: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Saw your post and thought of this.. Bilbo made one of the best comments ever: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

thats from the movie princess bride.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

thats from the movie princess bride.

Nope, sure isn't my friend. Bilbo said this at his 111 Birthday party. Skip to around 50 seconds if you want to see the quote :D

Edited by Chameleon
  • Like 2