Problem RATE forced

Lenovo

• Platinum VIP
10 minutes ago, Cit0 said:

It's to bad that 125 maxfps isn't divisible by 63 anyways.  You would be better off with the 142/71, or even 100/50.  I do feel that either way it all depends on each workstation your running with it's components and vid card especially and your ISP.

Ah well. I mean you are partially right but both frames and packets are integer values so if [fps]/n (where n is integer) is not an integer value that value will instead be rounded up. If you were to use a maxpackets of 62 your actual pps would be 42 (125/3 rounded up). But unless your fps is truely 100% stable your pps will be changing each tick anyways so it doesn't matter much if anything at all :)

2 minutes ago, JirenTV said:

my setting r_displayrefresh 75

maxpackets 75

maxfps 76

Try and see how maxpackets 76 works out for you :)

Edited by Dest!Ny
  • 100 1

6 minuti fa, Dest! Ny ha detto:

Ah bene. Voglio dire che non è un problema, ma se [fps] / n (dove è tutto) non è un problema che verrà invece arrotondato. Se dovessi usare un pacchetto massimo di 62 i tuoi effettivi pps seguenti 42 (125/3 arrotondati per eccesso). Ma a meno che il tuo fps sia davvero stabile al 100%, i tuoi pps cambieranno ogni tick in ogni caso quindi non importa molto se non altro:)

Prova a vedere come maxpackets 76 funzioni per te :)

RATE 34000

Io uso queste impostazioni per circa 6 mesi
1024x768 con TV HD da 32 pollici

con xdsl 140 MB inattivo e 20 MB in su

Edited by JirenTV

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

I'm sorry if I should have continued in pm but I'll reply anyways since I don't want people to be misinformed.

The categories you suggested;

you have it exactly backwards. 

Your actual pps is always a divider of your current fps. Unless you have exactly 100, 200, 300, etc fps your pps will never be 100. If your fps is anywhere above 100 your pps will always be half that because your maxpackets are locked to a maximum of 100. ET is not a new game running on a not so new engine. ET runs on a single thread so every action has to be sent in a frame, for exactly that reason running both maxfps 125 and maxpackets 100 at the same time makes very little sense. From a technical point of view the only benefit maxpackets 100 gives you is that your pps will be 100 instead of 50 when your fps hits 100 but if you actually have such instability in your fps I would not at all recommend to run a 1:1 fps pps ratio. 

When running a maxpackets of 63 you will run a 2:1 fps pps ratio until your fps hits 63 which should be perfectly fine. Of course certain people could use a maxfps of 250, 200, 166, 142, 111, 100, etc. All of these cases would require a different maxpackets to run efficiently but since most people use a maxfps of 125 I would instead recommend to force cl_maxpackets to 63. 

You are reading it back words :P

Frames < 100 = Frames / 2 = maxpackets

What above says is - if your frame is less (<) then 100 then use frames / 2 and whatever your number is cl_maxpackets. You can also use same frames = cl_maxpackets. That was old general thumb rule. Technically client sends packets every frame and hence i had mentioned either do frame / 2 or just keep it at frame rate. 

During normal gameplay, a client packet will contain something like:

4    sequence number
2    qport
4    serverid
4    acknowledged sequence number
4    clc.serverCommandSequence
1    clc_move or clc_moveNoDelta
1    command count

This are valid FPS settings you should use -  Anything another then below = rounding to higher number. 

Some valid Values for MaxFPS:
1000/3 = ~333
1000/4 = 250
1000/5 = 200
1000/6 = ~166
1000/7 = ~142
1000/8 = 125
1000/9 = ~111
1000/10 = 100
1000/11 = ~90
1000/12 = ~83
1000/13 = ~76
1000/14 = ~71
1000/15 = ~66
1000/16 = ~62
1000/17 = ~58
1000/18 = ~55

cl_maxpackets is always divided by FPS/x where x is 1,2,3,4, etc. Normally for FPS = CL_maxpackets or FPS = cl_maxpackets/2. If in today's world if you have to use FPS/3 for your maxpackets, then that player needs to play tetris..  Also in ETlegacy default cl_maxpackets is 125, I believe, if IIRC.  

Can't wait to run ETlegacy servers once they release new version. Everyone can take the benefit of 125 maxpackets. 

Edited by daredevil
crazy word errors
  • Like 4
  • 100 2

1 hour ago, Dest!Ny said:

Ah well. I mean you are partially right but both frames and packets are integer values so if [fps]/n (where n is integer) is not an integer value that value will instead be rounded up. If you were to use a maxpackets of 62 your actual pps would be 42 (125/3 rounded up). But unless your fps is truely 100% stable your pps will be changing each tick anyways so it doesn't matter much if anything at all :)

Try and see how maxpackets 76 works out for you :)

You're right. I spent a long time playing with maxpackets 50 and fps 200 and it was very good. Now I play fps 125/32 and it's ok. ;)

• Administrators

@Dest!Ny

"ET is single thread"  - That's some old CPU stuff. New CPU's and OS are much smarter.. when I say new aka anything from core i series or even core 2 duo running with Windows 10. Here is the proof. Don't mix threads with CPU physical threads. CPU has cores + threads. Some just cores. Cores are like non shared hosting and threads are like shared hosting within core. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

To be honest I have the same issue ive used 50000 rate before and it was great now I have more lag and seems like bullets everywhere  and it keep changing back no matter what I did  it keep steady at 45000 before it was way better.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Wolf said:

To be honest I have the same issue ive used 50000 rate before and it was great now I have more lag and seems like bullets everywhere  and it keep changing back no matter what I did  it keep steady at 45000 before it was way better.

So you are saying 50000 rate was good for you but now 45000 is bad? 

hello fa land i want to hear your thoughts on this ..

ive noticed that  fa forces  your rate to 45000 

what i also noticed  high pingers now are even  harder to hit.. like it messes with hit registry . warpers are now even more frame skipping... an people can run right thru u.

im not a fan of this... maybe i can adjust .may be it works better in silent or nq but jaymod this rate is garbage to me...