Problem RATE forced

Lenovo

I noticed that since yesterday the RATE server jay3 and jay1, is forced to 45000.
I have been playing with 34000 for 2 years.
with this RATE forced, my connection works very badly, the shots come out too fast and get lost, I can not hit anyone, this change will affect many players with problematic connections, I think it was a bad idea

2018-11-22-063253-airassfp1.jpg

2018-11-22-063227-airassfp1.jpg

Edited by JirenTV

I tried later, to change and I get my 34000, but I do not understand why when I load the cfg, entering the server, my settings change to 45000, and maxpackets 100, I use 34000 and maxpackets 76.

can someone explain to me what happened to the servers cfg?

• Leader

You can do a /rate 34000 in the console, if you wish.

My cg_savedrate on jay1 was 34000, but as you noticed, all players had an actual rate of 45000 there.

:D you answered as I was testing.

I cannot answer your question, but you can probably make a little *.cfg file to rest the cvars to your liking, but may have to /exec it after each map-change (?) .

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum VIP

I might have to look at this too because the last few days, like you Jiren, I can't hit anything. Nothing seems to be shooting correctly and it's been super frustrating.

Edit, just checked and yeah, everyone was at 45000. Manually setting it to 34000 worked

Edited by -=HipKat=-

2 minutes ago, MikeSlayer said:

The server seems much smoother with everyone at 100 packets and those that have a genuine reason to lower settings can still do so great change IMO

If i m correct, that change been made yesterday mid day , and i noticed too a great impovement in the past few days lag.

Also make sure to  /r_primitives 0 or 1 or 2 .  Seems that some players (including me) had to re do it after server restart tuesday.

• 100 1

4 minutes ago, Eazy said:

If i m correct, that change been made yesterday mid day , and i noticed too a great impovement in the past few days lag.

Also make sure to  /r_primitives 0 or 1 or 2 .  Seems that some players (including me) had to re do it after server restart tuesday.

R_primitives is only for newer AMD cards, you’d know if you needed to have it on “2” by the FPS drops 

Edited by Heaven:)
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Heaven:) said:

R_primitives is only for newer AMD cards, you’d know if you needed to have it on “2” by the FPS drops 

Mine s set on 0 . It smoothen my yellow spikes for sure. 

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, MikeSlayer said:

The server seems much smoother with everyone at 100 packets and those that have a genuine reason to lower settings can still do so great change IMO

maxpackets and rate are 2 different things. 

• Like 1

Rate and maxpackets is forced because we kept losing a lot new players because they have massive laggs and a lot either dont speak english or don't know console
this way it's set for them and they generally right away have a good connection instead of a lot of new players leaving after you tried helping them or even before we could
you can set rate / packets manually diff each map my cfg still works fine and this is only done since yesterday evening so why you play for a few days not good isnt persee the result of these settings.
im glad its finally setted like this just think about how many players we dont have to help anymore fixing there settings and new players dont leave right away because of massive laggs and i saw player's ping the whole server seem to benefit because a lot of players got a lower ping and less laggs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
54 minutes ago, DFighter said:

Rate and maxpackets is forced because we kept losing a lot new players because they have massive laggs and a lot either dont speak english or don't know console
this way it's set for them and they generally right away have a good connection instead of a lot of new players leaving after you tried helping them or even before we could
you can set rate / packets manually diff each map my cfg still works fine and this is only done since yesterday evening so why you play for a few days not good isnt persee the result of these settings.
im glad its finally setted like this just think about how many players we dont have to help anymore fixing there settings and new players dont leave right away because of massive laggs and i saw player's ping the whole server seem to benefit because a lot of players got a lower ping and less laggs

Why each map tho? It would be more handy if just the initial value is set to 45000 / 100 until you overwrite your etconfig 🤷🏼‍♂️

• 100 1