BF5 Players

Aft3rmath

6 hours ago, Aft3rmath said:

Aren't you running a 1080TI Geoff?  What are you running for a GPU Moses?  I'm getting 55 FPS with most settings at high with an RX580.  I haven't really tried tweaking the settings though.  DX12 seemed to cause the game to crash more for me even with GPU drivers that support DX12 on BF5.

Hey man I am. The dx12 performance I was reading about really pertained to 10 series Nvidea.

Try using the config found at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/td-p/7166307

If you don't like it just delete the config. Also I hear about good FPS boosts using render ahead in BFV settings. I would also set the settings in the AMD drivers down for more FP if possible assuming you have the latest drivers. :) 

Also try disabling HPET. I have it disabled in the bios as well as the windows driver. I found it under System Devices.

image.png.2351472f9a67d0b8e6984fe9d27d5948.png

• 4 months later...

So any1 tried out the Battle Royale mode in BF called Firestorm?

I had some EA Access time over, so gave it a shot. Hadn´t played any BR type of games so it was a good chance to try it out.

And I even became to like it. I thought by all the PUBG videos that Battle Royale is a big camp fest but, oh well it is that too. But it is actually the game you and the squad want to play it. The biggest plus on the game is that it really forces for team play as everyone wants to survive as long as possible.

When a good squad is formed it´s fun to sprint from cover to cover, everyone trying to cover all the sides- so no1 can flank you- many try to revive as the chances drop drastically when squad numbers decline. Yea, I´ve lurked in bushes from all other 3 teammates fallen in first 2 min and made it to the end within 5-7 players standing from starting 64. But it´s really hard solo vs 2-4 players. I can survive much longer in ET 1 vs 2 than in FS.

Also it´s quite fun to loot for better equipmeant. Sadly the pacing can become boring- either you jump into the far side of map and spend 20 min on looting and maybe get a good firefight in the end. Or you drop down in the first min. And then starts the long waiting period, till the squad is formed in matchmaking and the game server is formed and.... yawn. So either you go and loot the whole game on empty corners of the map or go into endless long "respawn cycle".  (There´s actually no respawn, squad mates can revive you for a while, but when you are done, you are done for good).

• 3 weeks later...

With randoms it´s boring when every1 jumps 180 degree off from marked drop mark. But with a squad it´s like ET HC but every1 actually tries to revive and cover squad mates. No planes and tanks are not so powerful either so for me it´s a good successor for ET. Got bored of the same old maps and gameplay finally after 15y in ET, so BFV FS is a good change.

Usually getting our asses handed, but oh boy what a adrenaline rush after fending off 2-3 squads coming on little island and we are holding them off. Finally fire ring was like 2 steps wide, me with half HP and enemy with full armor. Somehow managed to win him and the game. Literally LMAO-d in RL.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 9:16 AM, Vanaraud said:

With randoms it´s boring when every1 jumps 180 degree off from marked drop mark. But with a squad it´s like ET HC but every1 actually tries to revive and cover squad mates. No planes and tanks are not so powerful either so for me it´s a good successor for ET. Got bored of the same old maps and gameplay finally after 15y in ET, so BFV FS is a good change.

Usually getting our asses handed, but oh boy what a adrenaline rush after fending off 2-3 squads coming on little island and we are holding them off. Finally fire ring was like 2 steps wide, me with half HP and enemy with full armor. Somehow managed to win him and the game. Literally LMAO-d in RL.

Do you play other modes than Firestorm? Lately I've been hooked on squad conquest so it me up if you're still playing BFV.

• 1 month later...

Does someone play it on PS4? Looking for some squadmates, I have a decent level

• 1 month later...

BF2, BF3, BF1 and BF1942 are still my favourites. :P

I think I will download Battlefield 3 tonight again on PC... 

Just now, Nefarious Cheat said:

BF2, BF3, BF1 and BF1942 are still my favourites. :P

I think I will download Battlefield 3 tonight again on PC... 

Get BFV and come play with me instead! 

1 minute ago, w1cx said:

Get BFV and come play with me instead! 

I am upgrading my PC after a long time step by step. Got a new Motherboard + CPU and New RAM.

Current config;

i3 - 8100

GTX 560

8GB DDR4

3TB HDD

It's perfect for BF3/BF4, but not for BFV yet because of the weak GPU. I know the CPU will handle it, I will probally get a GTX 1660 Ti or Non-Ti version. :P

You also got BF3 or BF4?

9 hours ago, Nefarious Cheat said:

I am upgrading my PC after a long time step by step. Got a new Motherboard + CPU and New RAM.

Current config;

i3 - 8100

GTX 560

8GB DDR4

3TB HDD

It's perfect for BF3/BF4, but not for BFV yet because of the weak GPU. I know the CPU will handle it, I will probally get a GTX 1660 Ti or Non-Ti version. :P

You also got BF3 or BF4?

No I don't but yeah with that cpu you will lag :( 

7 hours ago, w1cx said:

No I don't but yeah with that cpu you will lag :( 

The CPU will handle it, medium-high, but really need a new GPU... :P

I tell you the CPU won´t handle even in ULTRA LOW. Had to upgrade my i5-3570k@4.2Ghz to I7 to be able to play BVF in 64player servers with somewhat stable FPS.

But every patch made BFV worse and worse, till it didn´t run at all anymore. So uninstalled it.