BF5 Players

Aft3rmath

• Platinum VIP

Anyone playing BF5 yet?  I'm not sure what the easiest way to find each other in game would be.  So far, the game is fun but hard.  Seems a bit inconsistent on how many shots it takes to kill someone.

I've been playing it since Premium release. My name is TulsaGeoff on the EA platform and I'd enjoy playing with any FA members or regulars. Adding names to the Origin app is the best way to add buddies. The current bugs are super annoying like when you spawn into a game and it glitches and you have to restart the game, but its still fun in my opinion.

Edited by TulsaGeoff

• Platinum VIP

Im starting to get the hang of it.  had a couple games of 20ish kills.  I started getting weird spikes of packet loss last night that would have me stuck in place.  I'll do some investigating tonight but I believe its my wifi.  I'll add you tonight Geoff, I think my name is FA_Aft3rmath.

Edited by Aft3rmath
  • Thanks 1

Other than crawling through rocks, haven´t noticed bugs.

Like always, going really well in first try, afterwards it goes downhill.

Compared with ET it´s slow, everyone gathering 3xless the kills per map.

Im Wboson btw.

Glad I only took 1\month Origin Access to try it out. Every weekend the problems start.

Have had it for 2 weeks and on 1 weekend Origin was down. Even though the game servers were up and running,  but bc Origin was down, couldn´t connect to the BFV(Noticed that Origin was dc after quitting BFV and after trying to log in again, couldn´t connect to the game anymore. Even though I just played it 5sec ago with no probs...)

Today it started to lag very badly for everyone.

Not gonna pay so much for so lousy service. Maybe if they finally fix all the bugs and servers and there are still any players left, I´d give it a try again.

EA "at its best".

If Origin problems. make it so you can see hidden folders, delete origin cache folder. Try that. If it doesn't work, uninstall Origin, delete evrything to do with Origin. Download it again, (NOT BETA VERSION). Reinstall. When you have done that, it should work. Now you enable the "always keep origin updated". After I did this I have no issues with Origin. I used to have everytime I logged on. And BF5 running very smooth (now and then FPS drops when there is alot going on, but still good)

• Platinum VIP

The game is still a bit buggy, but aside from my lame wifi drivers that require random resets I haven't had any serious issues.  I'm getting a stable 55 FPS.  I wouldn't mind if they tweaked the team autobalance though, nothing like joining a game of conquest where the other team is holding all the objs and you get killed as soon as you spawn.

A week ago I got 100-144 fps. Now I barely get over 90.

if that doesn't work, this will work. Worked for me right now

1. first "view hidden files and folders"  Show hidden files
  2. Delete Origin folder in C:\ProgramData\
  3. Delete Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\
  4. Delete Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\

[Admin. addition] - If these steps do not help then try the following, posted below by EA_Nils: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Well-that-didn-t-go-as-planned/m-p/5543899#M217029

Edited by MosesIsComingLookBusy

Anyone using configs? I found this and it seems to work well for me. DX12 works great. You have to copy and paste this into D:\Origin Games\Battlefield V and create user.cfg in wordpad. Also adjust FPS (mine is set to 163 for 165hz gsync monitor) and the 2 processorcount lines to your cores. I get pretty good fps with everything set to low for try hard settings and resolution scale to 110 to get as close to 163 fps with cleanest picture possible.

// Experimental purpose
// YOU HAVE TO PUT MOTION BLUR INGAME at 1% or more.
// At 0%, AA & blur will comeback.
// Enabling motion blur, will remove the blur & the TAA.
//
//
// https://twitter.com/JJikABF

GameTime.Maxvariablefps 163
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
Thread.JobThreadPriority 1
PostProcess.DofMethod 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOMethod 0
Render.VSyncFlashTestEnable 0
Render.DisplayMappingHdr10PeakLuma 0 Thread.ProcessorCount 12
0 Thread.ProcessorCount 12 Thread.JobThreadPriority 1 WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0 WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0 WorldRender.MotionBlurRadialBlurMax 0 WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0 WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0 WorldRender.FrameSynthesisMode 0
WorldRender.FilmicEffectsEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 1
WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0
WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapEnable 0 WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapResolution 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 0
RenderDevice.DxDiagDriverDectectionEnable 0
RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1
RenderDevice.StereoConvergenceScale 0
RenderDevice.StereoSeparationScale 0
RenderDevice.StereoSoldierZoomConvergenceScale 0

• Platinum VIP

Aren't you running a 1080TI Geoff?  What are you running for a GPU Moses?  I'm getting 55 FPS with most settings at high with an RX580.  I haven't really tried tweaking the settings though.  DX12 seemed to cause the game to crash more for me even with GPU drivers that support DX12 on BF5.

I got a Nvidia 1070 ti. Every settings on low except mesh quality on medium/high. 1920x1080. 144 hz monitor.

Just updated driver, might have fixed something.

Have change some settingsa in the nvidia control panel (most on low).

100 % resolution scale.

Manage to get up to 158 fps sometimes. But when there are 50 people in one place trying to the objective, I drop quite alot.